PDA

View Full Version : Agazzani specs/info source and AZ sales?

Dave MacArthur
04-20-2010, 9:46 PM
I've been reading all the threads on SMC for days on Agazzani vs. Laguna vs. MM, back several years. I've been able to get good info on the Laguna and MM saws from their websites, but I have been unable to find a good source for Agazzani? Everyone talks about "Eagle Tools" and Jesse, and I deduce they are in CA. I've found an Eagle Tools in Glendale CA selling Agazzani which I think is their website, but the site has "under construction" for just about everything, no pics or specs for the tools that I can find.

I've googled all over the place for about 7 hours of reading now, and have been unable to find a local (Phoenix AZ) source to take a look at a MM and Agazzani saw. Interested to see the MM20 and 20" Agazzani (or 18"). All the local "tool stores" I can find just seem to do Jet/PM/ShopFox, sometimes Steel City (Rockler, Woodcraft, Woodworker'sSource, AZ Hardwoods).
A big question is does the Agazzani have a detensioner/quick release? window to see blade tracking?

If I can't buy from a local store and have to ship, which stores for Phoenix? Eagle seems somewhat close and rave reviews. And I keep reading about these super deals on Amazon.com for tools where folks got 20% off with Bing or something... are there any current deals like that which would apply to any of these 3 saws?

Thanks much!

Joe Jensen
04-21-2010, 12:41 AM
Hi Dave,
I'm in Tempe and I have a Felder 21" made by ACM. It's very close to what Laguna sells, both made by ACM of Italy. I had a Laguna LT16HD before that Felder. Very similar saw, but not has heavy as the Felder. My Felder rep says that ACM makes two lines, and that Felder buys the heavier line from ACM. You can come over and look at my 21" Felder. Also, Felder just announced a 24" version of mine for $2995. I feel the Laguna LT16HD and my current Felder FB540 are much heavier and better built than the Rikon and other Chinese imports.

Scott Vanzo
04-21-2010, 1:49 AM
Everyone talks about "Eagle Tools" and Jesse, and I deduce they are in CA. I've found an Eagle Tools in Glendale CA selling Agazzani which I think is their website, but the site has "under construction" for just about everything, no pics or specs for the tools that I can find.

Eagle Tools web site is admittedly lacking...always has been. I was just there today and spoke to Jesse about their second hand Inca Bandsaw inventory.

FWIW: Eagle used to specialize in European Combo machines until the exchange rate killed the price point. Now they specialize in General (Canadian and Taiwan made), Rikon, Agazzani Band Saws, and Saw Stop Table Saws, with a few vintage Inca gems around the shop.

Jesse is very patient to discuss your needs, and is a wealth of information. You should call him.

Don Bullock
04-23-2010, 10:54 PM
Jesse is very patient to discuss your needs, and is a wealth of information. You should call him.

I fully agree with that statement. Jesse and the rest of the eagle Tools staff are great to work with. They know what service is all about.

Richard Link
04-24-2010, 11:03 PM
A big question is does the Agazzani have a detensioner/quick release? window to see blade tracking?
Thanks much!

Dave,

Another thumbs up for Jesse at Eagle tools. If you give him a call, he will provide just about every piece of information you will need. Also, if you buy an Agazzani from him, don't sweat the shipping. Eagle does an amazing job crating and getting these big saws to you intact.

With respect to your questions: I have an Agazzani B-24 so I can only comment on that model. It does not have a quick tensioner, although I find it is pretty much irrelevant with a saw this massive. It has a nice tenson gauge and, frankly, what you dial in just stays there. It is relatively trivial to go back to a previously set tension. This is as opposed to my old 12" bandsaw which required a chickens foot, oijia board, scanning electron microscope and a nice dose of luck to do the same. You won't miss a quick release lever on a saw like this.

The B-24 has a small window for viewing the tension settings but not a large window to monitor blade tracking. Again, this is a trivially easy saw (in my experience) to set up tracking well. Everything is so big and well made that I've not noticed any need to adjust tracking at all in over 8 months. Once set up, it happily tracks 3/8 inch blades, 1" blades, etc. Quite remarkable, actually.