PDA

View Full Version : Central Iowa Sawmill - Fort Dodge Area

Randy Gazda
04-20-2010, 9:41 PM
I am new to this forum, the forum I was on changed styles and lost most of its traffic.

I have purchase hardwood lumber from Morri Risa, at Scandinavian Sawmill several times in the last few years, when in the area visiting family. I is located west of Fort Dodge, Iowa, near the town of Somers. He always has a good selection at a fair price. I was recently there and he was sawing some highly figured walnut, price $4 a bd. ft. Now even if I could find it in Montana where I live it would be $20 at least. Now he doesn't always have figured wood but if you call ahead and ask he will be honest about what he has. I also purchased some figure red oak for $3 a bd. ft. If I had a photo of the walnut or oak I would post it but it is stickered in the shop trying to dry and adjust to the dry air of Montana.

I don't work for Morri and am not getting a kickback from him, just trying to let other woodworkers know about a good wood source in Iowa. He is a 2-3 man operation, so the profit margin has to be slim. I found him via woodfinder.com

Also check out his blanket chest and amoir, I can't produce woodwork for that price.

scandinavian-sawmill.com

scandinavian-sawmill.com

Leigh Betsch
04-20-2010, 10:59 PM
thanks for the link. I get over to Iowegia once in a while so I'll keep him in mind.