PDA

View Full Version : Versalaser

Jeremy Brown
04-20-2010, 9:13 PM
our ULS sales guy stopped by the other day to see how we were doing. I told him we were having problems with something and he looked at some things. I didn't pay any attention when he was here but now my ULS control panel has lots more colors for Raster/vector adjustments. Although this doesn't hurt anything, how can I get it back to just having the basic black, red, blue and remove all the others.

it was like this before until (more colors) but when I upgraded my firmware it went to only the 3 colors. I like that way much better.

anyone know how to fix this?

Scott Shepherd
04-21-2010, 8:29 AM
The 3 colors is the "Materials Database" tab, the 8 different colors is the "Manual Control". Just click the tab at the top of that that says "Materials Database".

Your view might be different than mine since we have the PLS, but that's the text used on the PLS.

Mike Mackenzie
04-21-2010, 9:25 PM
Scott,

You are correct!

Jeremy,

what probably happened was you only had the materials database installed and your rep was doing you a favor by installing the advanced driver tab. It is very simple to install.

Like Scott said the three colors will show up if using the materials database. The eight colors show up in the manual tab that allows you infinite more control with your settings.

If you really want it to go back to the way it was you will have to uninstall and then re install just the driver part of the software.

Carl Sewell
04-22-2010, 8:45 AM
Mike;

Could he install the materials database driver as a different printer name and keep the Advanced driver as a different printer?

I have two copies of the Advanced Driver installed just in case one gets corrupted, which has happened on a rare occasion. In fact, since I installed the second copy, I don't think the first one has become corrupted!

Mike Mackenzie
04-22-2010, 11:24 AM
Carl,

With the VL you can with the VLS you cannot.

Carl Sewell
04-22-2010, 3:09 PM
Thanks for the clarification.