PDA

View Full Version : Blank Softball or Baseballs

Jim Lauer
04-20-2010, 5:22 PM
Hello all.

I have a customer who would like us to engrave some baseballs and softabbls for their awards ceremony in a couple of weeks. The catch is all of the places I can find the balls have branded text on them from the manufactuer.

Does any have a supplier of blank balls or know a good way to remove the ink that is on them for engraving?

Bill Cunningham
04-20-2010, 8:51 PM
Those logos are usually hot stamped onto the leather before they are stitched together, and I doubt if you would ever get it off completely. Is there not a blank spot on the other side of the ball?

Ron Cole
04-21-2010, 12:25 PM
Found this and there are other possibilities on this site:

http://www.markersinc.com/hitters-eye-baseballs-1265897.aspx

Did a google search for: baseball "no logo" -cap

Then clicked on shopping. Several other results looked promising too.

Martin Boekers
04-21-2010, 1:34 PM
You may check with Markwort (St. Louis) as the are a sports manufacturer. Also they sell "corkballs" This is a ballgame that uses a miniature "baseball" about 1.5" looks just like a pro size ball. Great game, I used to play in my "younger days"

Also I would do a search for practice balls, or check with a local coach to see where they buy these. Local card collecting shops may have these as the balls are cheaper priced and used for autographs.

Another venue would be custom baseballs (Ad Specialty and Promo suppliers) many do sell blanks at lower minimums and pricing.

Marty

San DiegoEdSapp
04-22-2010, 8:49 PM
My first call would be MLB for suggestions.

Jim Lauer
04-27-2010, 11:59 AM
Just thought I provide an update. I followed up with many suggestions and still was hitting sonme dead ends. So I pbought a couple of the green softballs from Walmart and procedded to try Acetone on the ink markings with a dish towel.

Works great, the ink just rubs right off no adverse residue and now a whole softball to engrave.

Thanks for all the suggestions again, I really appreciate it.