PDA

View Full Version : Instant notification not working?

Will Blick
04-20-2010, 10:40 AM
I select instant notification for all my threads, and it never emails me when updated exist in the thread??

It did long ago, but not in the last year....

why?

Steve Schlumpf
04-21-2010, 2:14 PM
Will - I am not the software guru here - you mentioned it had been over a year - any chance you changed your email address during that time and did not update your UserCP? Are your email notifications considered spam and being blocked by your provider?

Will Blick
04-22-2010, 4:07 PM
Steve, no, same email and nothing in Junk folder....

Its set up right, and acknowledges my subscribed threads, but simply does not email me when there is an update to a thread... never, none of them, even threads that at one time worked....

Will Blick
05-18-2010, 5:36 PM
In another thread, I tried to make a post, but it would not let me? I emailed support, but no response??

And I still can not get the instant notification working...???

Keith Outten
05-18-2010, 8:48 PM
Will,

I don't have an answer for you, if your email address is correct in your usercp and your not receiving notifications there isn't much we can do on our end. If the service wasn't working I would have hundreds of PM"s in my box right now.

You can send a PM to our server admin Aaron Koehl if you like, Aaron may take awhile before he responds so be patient.

Steve Costa
05-18-2010, 9:15 PM
You may want to check the spam filter at your ISP. Things have a way of getting stuck there.

If that is the problem make SMC a valid sender on the appropriate ISP page.

Scott Donley
05-29-2010, 11:04 PM
Just a note. Just found out I am not getting mine. Nothing has changed on this side and not the ISP. It did work at one time :confused: