View Full Version : Where to buy wash bottles?

Stephen Tashiro
04-19-2010, 10:43 PM
There is a plastic bottle called a "wash bottle" used in laboratories that is simply a plastic stem stuck down into the top of a rugged plastic bottle, so you can squeeze the bottle and squirt out a little water. What is the home owner's equivalent of this? I was looking for such a bottle in Kmart and didn't find one. Would some section in a hardware store have it?

Eric DeSilva
04-19-2010, 10:50 PM


Ken Fitzgerald
04-19-2010, 10:52 PM

The LOML buys those squirt bottles like you find in restaurants for catsup and mustard at WALMART. They work well for me.

David G Baker
04-19-2010, 11:29 PM
I got mine from Van Waters and Rogers when I ran a motion picture film processing lab. US Plastics may still carry the bottles. The type I used was the $13.95 type that was listed on the Amazon site that Eric posted.

Walt Nicholson
04-19-2010, 11:40 PM
Office Depot, Staples both have 24 or 32 ounce Zep Professional spray bottles for $4.99 to $6.99

Paul Atkins
04-20-2010, 1:06 AM
Talk to the chemistry teachers in your area or a local lab. They might order a few for you.

Jim Rimmer
04-20-2010, 2:38 PM
Lab Safety Supply has them in all prices (autclave safe are $$$$).