PDA

View Full Version : Shaving Brush collaboration

Anthony Penchetta
04-19-2010, 10:22 PM
Steve from Pen Artistry moved into town awhile back, he glues up some really nice segmented pen blanks, so he stopped by the shop with a few large blanks I could turn into shaving brushes. The large blank has 60 pieces of Maple, Wenge and Rosewood. The small one has 42 pieces of Maple, Wenge and Ebony. I would not have the patience for making these types of blanks, but they sure turn out wonderfull, Thanks Steve :)

David Walser
04-19-2010, 10:40 PM
Tony,

Those are beautiful. They're a future heirloom, for sure.

Joe Adams
04-19-2010, 11:23 PM
Very functional and very cool. Nice work!

John Keeton
04-20-2010, 7:18 AM
The blanks are very nice, but without good turning, any blank can look pretty pitiful. You did right by these!!

Roger Chandler
04-20-2010, 7:22 AM
What a great project! Nicely segmented and nicely turned! What a great gift that would make for fathers day, with a cup and some shaving soap.

Where do you get the bristles for the brushes?

Steve Schlumpf
04-20-2010, 7:29 AM
Anthony - as always - very nice work!

Nick Fournier
04-20-2010, 8:06 AM
You can buy the knots at www.thegoldennib.com, I've bought a few from there and the knots are great. There's nothing like shaving with a great soap and badger brush.

Cyril Griesbach
04-20-2010, 1:23 PM
Tony, you did a great job on some classic brush handle shapes with those beautiful glue ups. And, for you others, when you deal with The Golden Nib you are dealing with Anthony Penchetta who made these brushes. The "Nib" is an excellent source for pen turning and shaving supplies and Tony is one of the nicest vendors to deal with.

Cyril

John W Dixon
04-20-2010, 3:54 PM
Anthony those are really nice. Those segments are tiny, I'm with ya that would take a special patience. I've been wanting to try some of the shaving brushes. Looks like a great project.

John

Baxter Smith
04-20-2010, 8:54 PM
Nice looking blanks and nice job turning them.

Jim Shaver, Oakville Ont
04-23-2010, 11:46 AM
Very nicely done my friend

Anthony Penchetta
04-23-2010, 12:25 PM
Thanks for the comments :) I ussually do 2-4 segmented handles, but nothing like this. I will leave these blanks up to Steve to make. :cool:

John Hart
04-23-2010, 1:03 PM
I love these!!! Wonderful job Anthony.

'course then....I'll never make one. All the guys I know are a bunch of knuckle-dragging cave-dwelllers....kinda like m'self. But, I noticed that the golden nib website also has Black Sable cosmetic brush thingies for sale too.

I definitely smell a ladies gift here.

Very nice.

Jon Lanier
04-23-2010, 11:25 PM
Those are sweet! I'd like to learn to do segmenting that small like that... where I can just change designs....