PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly Mini Rant

Tim Cottle
04-19-2010, 12:58 PM
I attempted to order a tenoning jig from Grizzly today, and had 2 gift certificates which I was going to use to cover a percentage, and the rest was going to be on a Visa.

On the website, you can only enter 1 GC, and 1 other payment type.

I thought I would call and have them manually enter the GCs, and just take the rest out on the card, but the CSR flat out told me that he didn't have space for that 2nd gift certificate, and that was it. I am a little perturbed that he literally had no solution, nor even tried to look into it, I basically got " I don't know what you are going to do about that."

Honestly, he seemed a little irritated when he picked up the phone, which from what you say here, is not the norm for their CS, I expected to buy more things from them in the future when I have space cleared for some updated larger shop equipment, but now I am a little apprehensive. I felt i was extrememly polite to him, even after he had no solution.

Does anyone have any idea what I might do? The order still hasn't been placed, and I don't know of anything else I need/want right now, and don't think I should have to buy something seperate to use the 2nd certificate.

Stuart Simons
04-19-2010, 1:00 PM
Ask to speak to someone above them - aka a supervisor. Just a thought.

Tim Cottle
04-19-2010, 1:12 PM
I was thinking of calling back and doing that. At the time, I was a little dumbfounded, but I am going to end up doing that anyway; I was just curious if anyone had ever tried to do what I am doing, maybe around Christmastime or something.

Andrew W. Thomas
04-19-2010, 2:37 PM
It is amazing the mind numbing influence computers have on us. I would guess the order taker simply was unable to process its because of the system not being in a manner that would accept it.

Tim Cottle
04-19-2010, 2:47 PM
Update:
Someone name Kieth called me from Grizzly, and took care of this. He has restored my outlook on Grizzly CS. I am sure it was just a simple error, but for them to read this, and call me back and make it right is great.

Thanks Kieth and Grizzly.

Van Huskey
04-19-2010, 3:14 PM
Update:
Someone name Kieth called me from Grizzly, and took care of this. He has restored my outlook on Grizzly CS. I am sure it was just a simple error, but for them to read this, and call me back and make it right is great.

Thanks Kieth and Grizzly.

Good deal! I must say my tenor about Grizzly has changed watching them from this forum. I am planning a significant (for me) purchase of a shop full of machines in the next year and Grizzly is slowly but surely becoming the choice for more and more of those choices.

glenn bradley
04-19-2010, 3:17 PM
Update:
Someone name Kieth called me from Grizzly, and took care of this.

That is more typical of Grizzly's CS. Unfortunately even Grizz has the occasional slow-minded person on the phone.

Tim Cottle
04-19-2010, 3:18 PM
I understand that. Being an IT administrator....