PDA

View Full Version : Gobblet

Rich Aldrich
04-18-2010, 9:29 PM
I turned this gobblet today out of hard maple that was air dried for about 10 years.

It is small - 2 1/4" dia, 5" tall.

John Keeton
04-18-2010, 9:41 PM
Well done! Good proportions, and very nice curve on the inside - very clean.

George Guadiane
04-18-2010, 9:51 PM
From the picture, the inside of the cup is about as good as it gets!
The stem is a little plain and a little thick for my taste, but overall, much more than just acceptable.

Bernie Weishapl
04-18-2010, 10:08 PM
Really a nice looking goblet. The stem could be a little more delicate but other than that it looks good.

David E Keller
04-18-2010, 10:17 PM
It's a pretty little goblet...

Steve Schlumpf
04-18-2010, 11:57 PM
Rich - that is impressive! Great job on the globe portion! Nice curve and it looks like you got it really thin!

I will agree with the others - if stem was thinner, it would make the entire goblet look very delicate! Something to experiment with the next time!

Nice work on this one!

Rich Aldrich
04-19-2010, 7:03 PM
Thanks. I was going to make the stem a little thinner, but I wanted to making the first one was more important to me at the time. The next one, I will make thinner. I already have requests to make them bigger from my girls and wife. I think they were impressed.

Mike A. Smith
04-20-2010, 5:29 PM
Thanks. I was going to make the stem a little thinner, but I wanted to making the first one was more important to me at the time. The next one, I will make thinner. I already have requests to make them bigger from my girls and wife. I think they were impressed.

Rich,

Ditto everyone else on the stem. But if this was the first one, then very well done indeed. All of my firsts fall into the 'prototype' category. If they come out in one piece I'm pleased.

Baxter Smith
04-20-2010, 8:53 PM
Thanks. I was going to make the stem a little thinner, but I wanted to making the first one...
Looks good Rich. I can relate to that feeling! "Should take off a little bit more but why risk screwing it up...just be happy you got it this far" is what usually goes through my mind.:)

Roger Chandler
04-21-2010, 10:53 AM
Nice turning, Rich.... looks like the Jet 1642 evs is getting a good work out ... keep up the good work. Your skills are obviously advancing with each piece you do! :)