PDA

View Full Version : Wine Box Inscription???

Randy Digby
04-18-2010, 4:44 PM
I sure could use some help from you Creekers who do gifts, etc. for your customers. We have a good friend and neighbor (female) who is retiring from the education field at the end of this schoold year and we want to give her an engraved wine box for her retirement present. We do not do gift or thophy engraving so I don't have a file folder full of neat sayings, etc. to engrave on the box. I have some graphic files (swirls, flowers & stuff) to dress up the corners with, but I sure could use your help with some suggested sayings or quotes. I can always do a "Have A Wonderful Retirement" thingy but would rather have a little saying or such instead. If you have a neat graphic that you have used and would like to share, I would certainly appreciate that also. I am far from the graphically creative person - we do names and numbers all day (on a good day!) and that's about it.

I'll probably get one of the piano wine boxes from JDS, they look good in the catalog. If you have a word of advice before I laser the wine box, as I mostly do plastic and aluminum, I'm all ears.

Thanks for your help.

Dan Hintz
04-18-2010, 5:05 PM
How about "To an eternal summer vacation...", or some such thing?

Belinda Barfield
04-18-2010, 5:45 PM
"A good teacher is like a candle - it consumes itself to light the way for others." Anonymonus

Enjoy your retirement . . . you've earned it!

Dee Gallo
04-18-2010, 7:41 PM
I like that one, Belinda! Very good!

I'd change the "in consumes itself" to "it consumes itself" ... sorry lol

Belinda Barfield
04-18-2010, 8:56 PM
I like that one, Belinda! Very good!

I'd change the "in consumes itself" to "it consumes itself" ... sorry lol

Done! and thanks! LOL

BTW, you've been a wonderful teacher! I've learned a great deal from you and would love to sit down face to face one day to learn more.

Randy Digby
04-20-2010, 9:56 AM
Thanks for your help.