PDA

View Full Version : Inca 570 jointer/planner -dust hood?

Archer Yates
04-18-2010, 2:24 PM
I just acquired an Inca model 570 Jointer/planner. I would like to buy a dust hood to connect to my dust system.
Before I try to make one, I though I would "cast a wide net", to see if I could buy one.
I would appreciate any helpful suggestions.
Archer Yates

doug faist
04-18-2010, 3:54 PM
Archer - Call Jesse Barragan at Eagle Tools in Los Angeles. He knows more about INCA tools than anyone around and has replacement parts on occasion.

Doug

Archer Yates
04-18-2010, 5:12 PM
Thanks for you help and particularly having a name to ask for.

Alan R Holbrook
11-06-2011, 7:30 PM
Did you ever find a dusthood for your 570?
Alan Holbrook

Adam Slutsky
11-06-2011, 7:45 PM
There is a yahoo group for Inca tool owners and there is a wealth of information out there. Someone likely has fabricated one that you can look at. Just google inca tool owners group and I'm sure you will find it.

Gary Curtis
11-06-2011, 11:13 PM
Eagle Tools has a telephone listing in the 323 area code. Big inventory of Inca equipment. They were the US distributor for decades.

Martin Salata
03-15-2023, 6:41 PM
Hey there I know this is a very old thread but I recently got one of these and was curious what you came up with for a dust hood. Thanks!

Kevin Adams
03-16-2023, 6:52 AM
Hey there I know this is a very old thread but I recently got one of these and was curious what you came up with for a dust hood. Thanks!

Martin, when I owned my 570, I never liked the Inca dust hood contraption. It’s really easy to make a simple wooden box that sits over the cutter head which is attached to a dust hose. You just move it from underneath for jointing to overhead for planing.

Thanks.
Kevin

John TenEyck
03-16-2023, 10:06 AM
Martin, when I owned my 570, I never liked the Inca dust hood contraption. It’s really easy to make a simple wooden box that sits over the cutter head which is attached to a dust hose. You just move it from underneath for jointing to overhead for planing.

Thanks.
Kevin

I did the same thing. Just plywood glued together with a hole in one end for the DC hose, and a few smaller holes giving the same cross sectional area in the other end to let air in. In jointer mode, the box laid on the planer bed which I cranked up to capture it under the tables. In planer mode, I held it in place over the cutterhead with a quick release clamp. Not elegant, but it worked w/o issue. Used it 25 years like that.

Before I had a DC system, I used the stock dust hood by blocking off the outlet with a piece of plywood with a hole for my shopvac. It worked surprisingly well.

What a great machine that was. We made a lot of stuff together.

John