PDA

View Full Version : good wood supplier in northeast mass/southeast new Hampshire

Zack Teal
04-17-2010, 9:43 PM
hey guys i live in northeast mass and am looking for a good wood supplier next weekend im going to make the rounds to a couple places. if any one in the area has any suggestions it would be much appreciated.

Joe Spear
04-17-2010, 10:44 PM
I make a few trips a year to Highland Hardwoods in Brentwood, NH, on Rte. 125, about 20 minutes or so north of Haverhill. Google their website to see what they have.

Carl Beckett
04-18-2010, 8:05 AM
I am interested to hear how you made out Zack, as I am a little North of Boston myself and would love to hear what you find.

Do a Craigslist search, there was a guy in Rowley that had kiln dried rough cherry for $3/bd ft. Claims he had a lot of it, but I never went to look at it.

Matt Newton
04-18-2010, 8:19 AM
I go to Highland Hardwoods as well. Also try Northland Forest Products. It is off 125 south of Highland. They have a good selection of natives rough. Good luck

Jim Mackell
04-18-2010, 11:30 AM
Highland Hardwoods, nice place, nice people, nice prices.

http://www.highlandhardwoods.com/retail-hardwood-lumber.html

Bob Lloyd
04-18-2010, 11:50 AM
+1 on Highland hardwoods. Well stocked, well organized plus they have a shorts bin which is sold at a discount.

Russ Kay
04-18-2010, 5:28 PM
I've done most of my wood buying in the last couple of years from New England Hardwood Supply in Littleton and The Woodery in Lunenberg. These are both in north central Mass. NEH has a relatively small selection of mainly domestics, but at good prices and lots of shorts bundles. The Woodery has a much larger selection, including lots of plywood, and they are very helpful.

Zack Teal
04-18-2010, 6:49 PM
ok guys thats for the suggestions i will let you know how i make out next weekend.

Greg Cuetara
04-18-2010, 9:50 PM
+10 for Highland Hardwoods. I have family down that way but I make the trip if I have any big projects going on. They have a good selection of Cherry Seconds and Maple Seconds for a great price.

If you get on their website they have a price list. The guys there are great to deal with and will help anyway they can. Beware that they do have shortened hours on Saturday and they are not open on Sunday.

Greg

Don Jarvie
04-18-2010, 9:52 PM
For hardwood plywood there is Boultier Plywood in Somerville MA.