PDA

View Full Version : Project Pics!! Shaker Cabinet finished

Erin Raasch
11-14-2004, 8:28 PM
Well, I managed to squeeze in enough shop time before the weather turned, so I finished my little Neanderthal project after all. I actually finished up most of the shop work a couple of weeks ago, and moved indoors for assembly & finishing.

It will get to live in the house until Spring, when it goes back out to the shop to serve as storage for all that little "stuff" that's been cluttering my work surfaces.

Erin

BTW - Tyler, sorry about your Vikings
(not really :D )

Mark Singer
11-14-2004, 8:40 PM
Very nice...good proportions....nice details. Great job!

Bruce Shiverdecker
11-14-2004, 8:41 PM
Nice handywork Erin. When I try to cut dovetails, I really screw them up. :o

I need lots of practice, but I want to spend the time turnin'. :rolleyes:

So much to learn ............. too little time. :(

Bruce ;)

Tyler Howell
11-14-2004, 11:33 PM
Very Nice Erin.

We're going to have to get you some heated work space so you can continue turning out these fine creations through out the year.:cool:
Vikings:confused: Was there a game today??

Pam Niedermayer
11-15-2004, 1:24 AM
Nice handywork Erin. When I try to cut dovetails, I really screw them up. :o

Am I blind? I don't see any dovetails in this piece.

Pam

Alan Turner
11-15-2004, 6:00 AM
Pam,
I think the top is DT'd to the carcase sides.
Erin,
I too like the Japanese method of mounting drawers of this type. They work quite smoothly.
Keep up the good work.
If you are solely a neander, a bench and drop cloth should yield little interior dirt and dust. Just a thought.
Alan

Louis Bois
11-15-2004, 7:42 AM
Nicely done Erin!! I'm glad you were able to beat the weather. For your next project, I expect to see half-blind dovetails on those drawers!!!:D:rolleyes:

I'm still behind on most of my stuff...but what else is new...so hang in there...the plans will be coming!:eek:

Tyler Howell
11-15-2004, 8:16 AM
Pam,

If you are solely a neander, a bench and drop cloth should yield little interior dirt and dust. Just a thought.
Alan
Cold midwest winters are a long time to go without some WW tools in hand.
I did some scary stuff in an appartment years ago. Not the Ideal situation but I could support my addiction.;)

Marc Hills
11-15-2004, 9:11 AM
Very nice work, Erin. Like Pam, I missed the dovetails at first but then saw them on the carcass. I hope your friends appeciate the skill that went into using that signature joint.

I couldn't help but also notice the stained glass windows behind your cabinet. Those are beautiful too!

Pam Niedermayer
11-15-2004, 2:13 PM
Pam,
I think the top is DT'd to the carcase sides. ...

Thanks, Alan, bad on me, the drawers grabbed my attention.

Pam

Alan Turner
11-15-2004, 2:38 PM
Pam,
I was jsut pulling your leg a bit, after you chastised me for senior moments last week.
Alan

Now which handle does that No. 50 have?

Michael Stafford
11-15-2004, 4:07 PM
Erin, I love little chests like that. I have made several over the years with power tools never with hand tools. I admire your work. Keep up the good work.

Erin Raasch
11-15-2004, 9:33 PM
Nicely done Erin!! I'm glad you were able to beat the weather. For your next project, I expect to see half-blind dovetails on those drawers!!!:D:rolleyes:

That's the plan :D This project was a warmer-upper for the good stuff!

Erin