PDA

View Full Version : Old carver, new member

Marty Rosen
04-17-2010, 3:59 PM
Hi,
I found this chat room by accident and I'm happy I did. Nice to be in good company. I've been carving since I was about 10 years old when my dad bought me a three knife Xacto set in a wooden chest. After I carved a few of the animals in the folder that came with the set there was no stopping me. I still have them along with a few neckerchief slides I carved from Boys Life magazine.
Does anyone know how to post photos? When I click on the yellow insert image logo at the top it asks for the URL of the photo. My photos are in my computer and as far as I know don't have a URL address.
Marty Rosen

Brian Kent
04-17-2010, 4:11 PM
Hi Marty. I am only a future carver, but would love to see some of your work.

When I push the "Post Reply" button at the bottom of the page, I type in what I want and then scroll down to "manage attachments".

Push that button and a box comes up that has a couple of "choose file" buttons. I find the picture I want, select it, then push the "upload" button.

If it was a somewhat small picture, it comes up quickly. If the Sawmill Creek computer has to resize it, it takes a little while.

After that, push "submit reply" below the typing area and the picture comes up with it.

Marty Rosen
04-19-2010, 2:46 PM
Hi Brian,
Thanks for the info. I'll give it a try.
This is a photo of a piece I did that won a local art show. It is about 34" wide, all hand painted and hand lettered. The chrome is silver leaf.
Marty

Thomas Knapp
04-19-2010, 4:51 PM
[. I still have them along with a few neckerchief slides I carved from Boys Life magazine.
Does anyone know how to post photos? When I click on the yellow insert image logo at the top it asks for the URL of the photo. My photos are in my computer and as far as I know don't have a URL address.
Marty Rosen[/QUOTE]
Marty The neckercheif slides were by whittilin Jim, weren't they? To post a picture use the attachment icon. It's the paper clip next to the smiley face on the toolbar. Did you carve the slide that was the mouse head sticking out of the wedge of Swiss Cheese. I still have the one I carved it is my favorite.
Fun stuff.
Tom

Marty Rosen
04-20-2010, 3:12 PM
Hi Thomas,
I do believe it was from Whittilin Jim. Sounds familiar. I have a carved ax in a sheath, a knight with tin visor and a ball in a cage. All somewhat crude, but I thought they were great at the time. I had to go find the old cigar box, there was also an apple with a worm in it. Those were the only surviving ones along with some merit badges and a Camporee badge or two. Also a lot of BSA registration cards. Funny, I think I do remember the mouse in the wedge of cheese.