PDA

View Full Version : Potpourri bowls

Ian James Webster
04-17-2010, 1:33 AM
Hi all,

I live in the wine region of CA (Paso Robles). A friend who owns one of the local wineries has asked my to make him so Potpurri bowls to display/sell in the tasting room - but he wants the pewter lid to have a wine / grape theme. The only one I can find is direct from the manufacture in Tiwan. But.... they only sell wholesale with a minimum order of 500!!! (Dayacom Industries - part number DPL-10).

Does any one know of a retail source of pewter pot pourri lids with a wine / grape theme. I've tried Woodcraft, Rockler, PSI and Craft Supply USA all without success.

Thank you

Ian148309

John Keeton
04-17-2010, 6:37 AM
Ian, I am no help on a source, but I wonder if you could resell the excess lids from an order to Dayacom. 500 is a lot of lids, but I bet over time, you could do OK on fleabay, SMC, etc. Also, you may find that you sell several of these in the winery, and need more. Just a thought. I know it is a big investment, though I don't know the cost. But, the potential is there, as well, to profit from it.

Greg Just
04-17-2010, 8:15 AM
I would contact Penn State Industries or Craft Supplies USA as I think they get some of their items from Dayacom.

Jody Stefl
04-17-2010, 8:45 AM
Carroll's Woodcraft Supplies has a grape potpourri lid. They have a wide range of lids. Hope this helps.

Paul Douglass
04-17-2010, 11:18 AM
Carroll's Woodcraft Supplies has a grape potpourri lid. They have a wide range of lids. Hope this helps.

Looks like Carroll's has a lot of stuff. Never heard of that outlet before. How are they to deal with?

Ian James Webster
04-17-2010, 11:44 AM
I have considered that John - direct from Dayacom they are only $1.80 each. I'd just feel more comfortable testing the water with a small order first.

Ian James Webster
04-17-2010, 11:45 AM
Thanks Jody - I'll check it them out.

Robert McGowen
04-17-2010, 12:33 PM
I am not sure if anyone noticed, but Carroll's appears to be in Australia. Shipping might be a bit of a factor, unless you are already in Australia!

Terry Murphy
04-17-2010, 1:11 PM
Australia is easy to deal with via mail.
My $.02.
terry

Paul Douglass
04-17-2010, 2:56 PM
I'd buy a couple two or three from you at the price most outlets charge, seams like it is around the $5. range. But then 500 is a lot to peddle. Can you get several designs in the 500 or is that 500 of one design?

Joe Wiliams
04-17-2010, 6:44 PM
The Dayacom site links to the Craft Supplies site as a retailer so maybe Craft Supplies could bring in a batch if you ask them. I bet they would be a big seller.

If you decide to buy them yourself and resell I may be interested in a few or 10:)

Ian James Webster
04-19-2010, 3:40 PM
I emailed Craft Supplies (Danny) he was happy to place an order on my behalf and sell them to me at their regular price - around $5. But.... I would have to buy the entire shipment!!! Might as well buy them myself from Dayacom at $1.80. Now I just need to save $1,000 to place the order!!!