PDA

View Full Version : Ornamental Bird Houses

Bill Bulloch
04-16-2010, 5:47 PM
I made these Ornamental Bird Houses with scrap pieces from other segmented projects.

I have been trying to find an attractive stand to display my birdhouses on, these are two designs I have come up with so far.

Any thoughts???

Robert McGowen
04-16-2010, 6:04 PM
Bill, I am beginning to think that you have too much time on your hands! :D

If you are showing off the stand, I would go with the full-circle.
If you are showing off the birdhouse, I would go with the half-circle.

YMMV

Bernie Weishapl
04-16-2010, 6:44 PM
Bill I like both stands and the birdhouses. Really well done.

Bill Bulloch
04-16-2010, 7:10 PM
Bill, I am beginning to think that you have too much time on your hands! :D

YMMV

I don't know, Robert, this past week I had a busier schedule than normal: I cut the grass, took the dogs to get their shots, and planted seven tomato plants. Inspite of that very hectic schdule, I still managed to find time for the shop.

David E Keller
04-16-2010, 7:25 PM
Now that's frugal!:D

Nice job on the bird house and stands.

John Keeton
04-16-2010, 7:33 PM
I don't know, Robert, this past week I had a busier schedule than normal: I cut the grass, took the dogs to get their shots, and planted seven tomato plants. Inspite of that very hectic schedule, I still managed to find time for the shop.Go ahead Bill - rub it in!!!:D

I agree with Robert. I think the birdhouse shows much better with the half circle. Nice work on the birdhouses, too!!

Baxter Smith
04-16-2010, 8:42 PM
I don't know, Robert, this past week I had a busier schedule than normal: I cut the grass, took the dogs to get their shots, and planted seven tomato plants. Inspite of that very hectic schdule, I still managed to find time for the shop.

Congratulations!

"Sometimes I sits and thinks, sometimes I just sits." I'm assuming this is your normal schedule? :)

I made a wall hanging out of felt and burlap with this exact saying and it hung in my dorm room for all 4 years of college. It is rolled up and in the attic. Should I get it back out now I'm retired?

Nice birdhouses and hangers by the way!

Keith Burns
04-16-2010, 9:48 PM
Bill, honestly, although both stands are well done, I think they both take away from your nice birdhouses. IMHO, the stand should be almost invisable.

Brian Effinger
04-16-2010, 9:55 PM
Very cool. I love the little donut entrances on the first two. The rings are awesome as well, especially the full circles.

Matt Ranum
04-17-2010, 3:13 PM

I remember someone asking my Dad how retirement was treating him, his answer was he didn't understand how he ever found time to work!

Nice bird houses, and personally I prefer the round stand.

My .02 worth.

Roland Martin
04-17-2010, 3:34 PM
Very nice birdhouses & stands. May as well make a stand for every birdhouse you make, people probably will want it as a set. That second birdhouse is quite whimsical!

Terry Beadle
04-18-2010, 11:15 AM
You might try making a stand out of a triangle or even a hollowed out pyramid.

I like your bird houses ! Well done.

Mike A. Smith
04-20-2010, 5:38 PM
I like'em all, but the stands are really nice. May have to do some for Christmas ornaments.