PDA

View Full Version : CMT router tables any good?

Craig D Peltier
04-15-2010, 8:14 PM
I can buy one that is the Industrio model that retails now for 750 on amazon. It comes with the bosch 1617 evsp router and a woodpecker dust collection box.

It looks like this. Are they good?
The tall fence is for running door panels vertically.

I currently have a rockler table that works fine but has no bells and whistles like this.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r202/puravida74/Wood%20for%20sale/CMTIndustrioRouterTable001.jpg

Van Huskey
04-16-2010, 3:52 AM
Never seen one in the flesh but I have heard mixed reviews and it seems to be a love it or hate it deal centered around the fence.

The one thing I would add is the Bosch isn't the best suited router for a table but not knowing the price it may or may not be worth the leap.

Craig D Peltier
04-16-2010, 11:02 AM
Never seen one in the flesh but I have heard mixed reviews and it seems to be a love it or hate it deal centered around the fence.

The one thing I would add is the Bosch isn't the best suited router for a table but not knowing the price it may or may not be worth the leap.

I use the same router in my rockler table and it works great but I havent had any other.
The CMT table is $600. Comes with 13 bits, 1/2 inch extension collet, 4 bulldog featherboards , hose , router , tall fence , phenolic inserts for the fence for close tolerances, woodpecker dust box , miter gauge , mobile base , external on off switch, custom cabinet draws , under the table bit change wrench.He wanted 7. I got him down to 6 based on what new is for table , router and woodpecker box.

Bob Wingard
04-16-2010, 4:45 PM
I don't have that exact table, but I do have a version of that laminate top .. only mine doesn't use a plate insert to mount the router .. the router bolts directly to the laminate top. It's a little fussier to originally mount, but it's GREAT once that is done.

That said, I don't think I've ever seen a top that made me willing to give mine up in exchange. It's made up of dozens of layers of laminate, and is extremely heavy & rigid, which are two characteristics you can't beat for the application. The fence can either pivot off of eiter side, or slide & lock down in a more conventional manner. It;s nice to have both options available.