PDA

View Full Version : New to the site

Ronnie Matthews
04-15-2010, 7:47 PM
I'm new on this site & I'm going to need a lot of help I've had my 35watt vytek 24x36 for several years 'm a concrete cutter by trade had no time to master my laser but now I'm out of work & need a income I'm having problems with the thermark on chrome Harley Davidson parts any help out there ?Thanks :eek:

Bill Cunningham
04-15-2010, 9:57 PM
Slow and hot for 'good' chrome. Slow and hot might blister the cheap Chinese stuff. I don't think H.D. gets their chrome from China...yet...

Ronnie Matthews
04-15-2010, 10:28 PM
I'm going to have to order another can I just finished whiooing it right off agin the cermark reps told me 30 w 28 speed 2.5 hight 1000dpi it wiped right off anyone out there doing Harley Davidson parts with any luck ? Please Help

David Takes
04-15-2010, 11:09 PM
There are many HD second market parts that are made in the Orient. I have found that the US and Taiwanese parts mark just fine, but the China parts do not. I have found these types of product to be such a hit and miss venture that I now only offer sandcarving on them.

Dan Hintz
04-16-2010, 8:09 PM
28S is entirely too fast for a 35W. My machine measures over 70W and I run around 20S for stainless.

Dee Gallo
04-16-2010, 8:37 PM
There are a lot of threads on this - search the forum for "Cermark Chrome" for some of them.

San DiegoEdSapp
04-16-2010, 9:20 PM
I am new so if I make a mistake let me know. I have a IEHK IE900 24"X36" laser that is 2 years old and has never been started up. It sat in a storage room in Palm Springs and the desert heat killed the USB software for it. The software is called "USB Dog Driver". HELP does anyone have any idea where this can be obtained??? To say I would be grateful is a major understatement. I am trying to figure out how to explan to my wife that we purchased a large (expensive) anchor.

Ed Sapp

Viktor Voroncov
04-17-2010, 1:29 AM
Did you have software on CD and SOFTDOG? If yes - both items are broken now?
Best way contact with supplier as this is big Chinese manufacturer and they schould care about customers/company's image :)
Another way ask somebody on cnczone.com - they have much more peoples with Chinese lasers than SMC.

Ronnie Matthews
04-22-2010, 2:55 PM
But I'm new here & if you could you'll have to walk me threw slowly right now I don't even know what a thred is i see it posted all over here do i have to go threw them line by line to find what i'm looking for ? & if you guys & gals can bare with me I'm a little slow at this ok Thank you I need all of the help I can get I'm going to be asking a lot of ?s

Doug Griffith
04-22-2010, 3:05 PM
This is a good start for "Cermark" and "chrome":
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/search.php?searchid=3931604

This will help break down some of our forum speak:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_forum
(half way down the page)

Cheers