PDA

View Full Version : $500 pen

Brian Greb
04-14-2010, 1:40 PM
Well not really but his pen is money... shredded money... and hopefully it's worth it's weight in the green stuff. I just had to give this oddity a try. Enjoy.

Roland Martin
04-14-2010, 1:58 PM
Beautiful Oddity Brian, very unique. Hope you get your money back out of this one!:)

John Keeton
04-14-2010, 2:13 PM
Brian, it just has that look of "old money!!" Nice work, and truly unique.

alex carey
04-14-2010, 2:20 PM
very cool, you mine explaining how this is done. Is the money just shredded, thrown in a tube and then mixed with CA?

Brian Greb
04-14-2010, 2:51 PM
very cool, you mine explaining how this is done. Is the money just shredded, thrown in a tube and then mixed with CA?

Honestly I purchased the blank from Rockler. But how they made it is they took destroyed currency from the federal reserve and mixed it in to clear in-lace material and laid it in to a form, then cut the blanks when hardened.

If you visit the treasury or the bureau of engraving on a tour you can get shredded money and make you own blank... but buying the blanks is much easier.

The blanks are on sale at Rockler right now for $4.99 not bad in my opinion.

Mike Minto
04-14-2010, 3:23 PM
Oh. I thought you meant the kind of pen that taxpayers pay for and the president signs one letter of his name with and then gives it away as a souvenir to another rich person.

Brian Greb
04-14-2010, 3:56 PM
Oh. I thought you meant the kind of pen that taxpayers pay for and the president signs one letter of his name with and then gives it away as a souvenir to another rich person.

I wonder how you would get in to that racket:D

I would be pretty cool to be the guy(or group of guys) that made the pen/s that the 45th president (or as I like to think of him/her Obama's replacement... or the fixer) uses.:cool:

I must do research now.

David E Keller
04-14-2010, 5:43 PM
It looks good... I like the gunmetal/black titanium coloring of the kit with this blank. I'm assuming you painted the inside of the blank with black paint.

Brian Greb
04-14-2010, 7:29 PM
It looks good... I like the gunmetal/black titanium coloring of the kit with this blank. I'm assuming you painted the inside of the blank with black paint.

Actuly I used black titanium tubes to match the black titanium kit.

David E Keller
04-14-2010, 8:23 PM
Even better. That may be why it seems to match so well. I like this one a lot better than the money pen I made a while ago.

Bernie Weishapl
04-14-2010, 9:17 PM
Great looking pen. Well done.

Jon Lanier
04-14-2010, 9:32 PM
I like your blank! I did a couple and it just didn't look like money. Your's looks like you are nuts... why did you cut up money to make a pen?

Jim Sebring
04-14-2010, 11:29 PM
Those are fun pens to give to friends and family. I made one of those for my daughter a couple of Christmases ago. She's a CPA :D I also made a pen for my DIL out of Bloodwood. She's a Physicians Assistant :rolleyes: