PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Source for Perpetual Plaque

Belinda Barfield
04-14-2010, 10:30 AM
I need a large perpetual plaque with a space for a 8 x 10 photo, portrait not landscape. This is for Police Officer of the Year with nameplates for past honored officers. Online I can find plaques with a slot for a landscape 8 x 10, but not portrait. Is this something that will need to be custom fabricated?

George D Gabert
04-14-2010, 12:00 PM
Not fancy but you could epoxy a loop of wire on the backside as necessary.

You can also purchase picture hangers with the teeth and epoxy them on where needed.

Regards
GDG

Daryl Gregg
04-14-2010, 2:03 PM
Try tropar.....www.airflyte.com

Ross Moshinsky
04-14-2010, 2:11 PM
Tropar, JDS, or Marco will have something.

What we do a lot, and it's typically a PITA, is buy a large finished plaque and customize it ourselves. To get the holes marked, we use our large rotary(but if you have a big laser, it will work as well), then use the drill press to do the rest. As far as the photo insert, there are a lot of options. You can use the gold border instaframes from JDS. They look decent and are VERY easy to swap photos out.

Belinda Barfield
04-14-2010, 3:14 PM
Thanks guys for your replies. I believe you are correct Ross that this is something I'm going to have to customize. Initially the customer wanted a "traditional" wood plaque but I have an idea I think I can sell her on that will be a little more interesting.

Mike Null
04-14-2010, 4:17 PM
Belinda

Consider Corian as a plaque material. Mark the holes with the laser then drill with a Dremel tool. Much easier than a drill press.

Tom Gooch
04-15-2010, 1:05 AM
Have you loked at Victory's Pocket photo plaques? I really like them and have sold several. www-buyvictory-com I think the model that might interest you is the APT205-BK Hope this helps.

Belinda Barfield
04-15-2010, 8:30 AM
Belinda

Consider Corian as a plaque material. Mark the holes with the laser then drill with a Dremel tool. Much easier than a drill press.

Corian is what I'm going to try to get the customer to consider. I can cut and drill in with the CNC so no problems there. This customer group is seriously locked in to having everything on a dark wood base, and everything matching. BORING . . . (but that's just my opinion. :D) Fortunately, they have money to burn and I have lots of matches, oh, and a laser. :)

Have you loked at Victory's Pocket photo plaques? I really like them and have sold several. www-buyvictory-com I think the model that might interest you is the APT205-BK Hope this helps.

I'll check out the site, Tom. Thanks for help!

James Stokes
04-15-2010, 9:07 AM
If I need a custom size plaque, I just go to a cabinet shop and have them make it as a custom cabinet door.