PDA

View Full Version : Good E-Bay vendor

Eric Brown
04-14-2010, 7:43 AM
Last week I won a set of auger bits on E-Bay. The set was missing the smallest size and I knew that when I bid on it. I got the set and it was exactly what I expected. Very happy with it. Started looking for the small bit and found one of the same size but different maker. It was offered by the same vendor as the set so I got it.

The vendor felt bad he missed putting it with the other set and automatically notified me he was going to give me free shipping. Wow. Thats nice.

His name is John Harper and his store is http://stores.ebay.com/WVTools

Lots of good woodworking tools at reasonable prices.

Eric

George Sanders
04-14-2010, 9:00 AM
A warning to all buyers about feedback on the infamous auction site. There was negative feedback about a seller and he is suing the person who left the comment for damages amounting to $15,000. The seller is a lawyer (it figures). While I have bought things there in the past with good results and I have left negative remarks when the results were not good; I find this new development a good reason to avoid the site altogether.

Jim Koepke
04-14-2010, 10:54 AM
A warning to all buyers about feedback on the infamous auction site. There was negative feedback about a seller and he is suing the person who left the comment for damages amounting to $15,000. The seller is a lawyer (it figures). While I have bought things there in the past with good results and I have left negative remarks when the results were not good; I find this new development a good reason to avoid the site altogether.

Fortunately, not all ebay sellers are lawyers without scruples. If the negative feedback was deserved, hopefully the lawyer will lose and be hit hard for the time wasted in a frivolous law suit.

I have actually never left negative feedback when it was deserved. Sometimes I have left positive feedback with negative wording. Read the feedback. Good sellers will have glowing statements. An "item arrived as expected," is not a real confidence builder. There are sometimes after reading feedback that I will decide not to do business with a seller even though it is 100% positive.

Because of the fees on ebay I am reluctant to sell much there any more. My practice has been to include shipping within the bidding. I will now have to pay 9% of shipping to ebay to offer that.

This is a bit afield of the original post.

jim

Chuck Nickerson
04-14-2010, 1:18 PM
Good sellers will have glowing statements. An "item arrived as expected," is not a real confidence builder. jim

Ouch! My standard feedback as a buyer for a perfect transaction is "Item as described, well packed, quickly shipped."

Kemil Pepin
04-14-2010, 3:46 PM
Eric, I have had good experience purchasing from John Harper as well. He was willing to "make a deal" on a group of items that I wanted to buy.

Eric Brown
04-14-2010, 6:46 PM
One thing I really like about WVTOOLS is that there are many good pictures with close ups of the critical areas. He also describes the good and bad with in a somewhat honest way that helps with the decision to bid or not.
Some other vendors have very bad pictures that are fuzzy and never show critical areas. I am also wary of items with descriptions that are very short or with non-return policies.

Eric