PDA

View Full Version : Nice Work Keith, Also Some Questions.

Barbara Gill
02-16-2003, 8:50 AM
:D I now have a new bookmark. :D

Does post a poll mean the ability to give readers the chance to vote on given choices? How do the results get presented?

I have never seen the word "avatar" before. Is that the name for the picture/symbol on the lest side under our name?

Dave Hammelef
02-16-2003, 9:14 AM
Yup dont know what it stands for put the pic under a name is the avatar must be 50x50 pixels or smaller. If you go to power tools forum and look at the shop tour there it is also a poll. Pretty cool thing.

Barbara Gill
02-16-2003, 11:00 AM
This site has some interesting features.

Ted Shrader
02-16-2003, 12:04 PM
Barb -

You are right - lots of interesting features ....more coming everyday. I think Keith, Aaron, et al are having WAY too much fun tweaking this thing!

Ted

Keith Outten
02-16-2003, 12:17 PM
Barbara,

SawMill Creek allows Members to create and to vote on all message polls, this is an option you select when you create a new message. It's actually very simple and we encourage everyone to use the poll function when serious feedback is required. Silly Polls will be deleted by our moderators, there are bound to be a few.

Avatars are small pictures (50 by 50 pixels) that you create on your computer and then place on the board in your profile. To upload your custom avatar select the User CP button above and then select Edit Options from the next screen. At the very bottom of the Options screen is a button that you select which will allow you to select your avatar and upload it to SawMill Creek. Each message you post or respond to will have your avatar under your username.

Our software has lots of really nice features. What isn't obvious is that we have a programer who is capable of making major modifications to the board because of the way the software is coded. vBulletin is built on a MySQL database which we can develope custom applications and add-ons for, this gives us a near unlimited range of features we can implement. As an example the Badger Pond style Thread Listing Aaron Koehl created and installed in just one night. Aaron should have a nice link to the "Thread Listing" setup sometime today at the top of the board.

Stay Tuned, we have made a lot of progress in less than a week, we should have the most versatile and comprehensive custom forums on the Net in just a few months. We will also keep and expand on the plain view access like the "Thread Listing" that most of the Ponders wanted.

Barbara Gill
02-16-2003, 1:31 PM
Keith, you live in Bena? How about that. For some reason I thought you lived in Yorktown. I am just up the road from you in Remlik (near Urbanna).