PDA

View Full Version : Invert eps files.

Jeff Chumbley
04-13-2010, 2:26 PM
I think I know the answer to this but want to reach out to you to confirm. Is there any way to invert a customers eps artwork so I can use it to laser into reverse engraveable material?

The drawings that he has sent to me are black background with white lettering and drawings.

I need the lettering and artwork thats in white to be black and just hairline around the rectangles. There are many hairlines and blackfilled objects that would take a awful lot of work to change.

Taking away the hairlines would decrease the thickness of the letters.

Jeff

John Noell
04-13-2010, 2:52 PM
Maybe I'm missing something but I just open the EPS with Corel, choose Effects -> Transform -> Invert and it does it.

Mark Winlund
04-13-2010, 3:43 PM
Save it as a tif or jpg, then reverse the image in Corel Paint or Photoshop.

Mark

Frank Corker
04-13-2010, 4:09 PM
Mark is right, it's fiddly and very very annoying have to do one of those. John, most eps are good for most jobs, but they are also prone to negative/positive issues. Although they will still engrave perfectly well, the image is still a negative and doesn't look right, but it does work for some, but not for all.

John Noell
04-13-2010, 8:32 PM
Guess I've been lucky so far!

Jeff Chumbley
04-15-2010, 6:16 PM
Thanks to all! I was able to use both methods but the best news is that the customer finally got the remaining artwork converted and resent to me!!

Jeff