PDA

View Full Version : Any Quicken 2010 users here?

Ken Fitzgerald
04-12-2010, 11:32 PM
We have used Quicken to reconcile our checkbook for over a decade. I recently upgraded to a new computer and it is running Windows 7. The old basic program doesn't run as well as it used to on this new computer.

Anybody here running the new version Quicken Starter 2010? Any likes or dislikes.

I've heard now that they want you to store you information online. That ain't going to happen.

Anyway. I could sure use some advice based on experience.

Thanks!

Brian Effinger
04-13-2010, 1:03 PM
Ken I switched to 2010, from 2002 a few months ago. I haven't had any problems with it, but mine use is fairly simple. Just reconciling the checkbook, etc. I did end up getting the Home & Business version, so I can try to keep track of my business a little better, but I'm sure I'm not using that to it's full potential either.

I don't think this stores anything online, but the option may be there. I back-up to another folder on my HD, as well as a thumb drive.

I thought that this was going to be worlds different than 2002, but really isn't.

Lee Schierer
04-13-2010, 1:23 PM
We upgraded to Quicken 2010 and it works pretty well. Not everything is intuitive, but it works well. You have the option to store data online, but we've opted not to. We back up locally. We also don't let it store the passwords to our banking system. We reconcile to paper statements not online balances. We've had some trouble getting Quicken to pick up all transactions from our bank. Transfers between accounts seem to be a problem, but it could be how we are doing it too. We don't subscribe to the Quicken electronic check writing, we stayed with our own bank.

Eddie Watkins
04-13-2010, 2:03 PM
I use the 2010 Home and Business version. It works well. Definitely like the page displays better. I use online checking and reconciliation and had no problem. I even have an investment account automated and it matched my year end statement from the broker perfectly and imported into to TurboTax with no problem. I don't use the online backup.