PDA

View Full Version : Wonderful Little Tool

Byron Trantham
11-13-2004, 11:21 AM
Thought I would share a discovery thanks to my bother-in-law. I think it is called a shear. I use it to cut small molding pieces. I used my chop saw or table saw in the past and usually I could count on one or two pieces being broken up. :mad: You can cut almost any angle. It also comes with different jaws to cut PVC, etc. I can't remember where I bought it but it cost about $25. Well worth it.

The cabinet picture is the last piece for my wall unit install. I deliver it tomorrow. I sure hope everything fits! :o

Michael Stafford
11-13-2004, 12:19 PM
Byron, cabinet will look better in vertical position. Please take pics of the finished project as the rest of the assembly was great. I have used the shears and they do work well on certain materials...

Byron Trantham
11-13-2004, 12:56 PM
Byron, cabinet will look better in vertical position. Please take pics of the finished project as the rest of the assembly was great.

Do ya think? :D

Well, at least I HOPE it looks better in the vertical position. Finished pics will be posted early next week.

Shelley Bolster
11-13-2004, 1:06 PM
Looking GREAT Byron - I can't wait!!! I've been following the stages very closely - became really mad when you suggested the customer was not happy with them - became relieved when you came back the next week and explained it was a misunderstanding and have been anxiously waiting to see the completed project - you say tomorrow????.....Hope you get a really early start! Don't worry, I'm sure it will fit like a glove!

Byron Trantham
11-13-2004, 1:18 PM
Shelley,
I don't know about a glove but If I don't have to use two punds of bondo for the face fame seams, I will be very happy! :D

Jim Fancher
11-15-2004, 10:35 AM
18V shear, I'm assuming. I don't see a cord. :D