PDA

View Full Version : Bartlett Pear Bowl

Bill Bulloch
04-12-2010, 6:26 PM
Here's that Bartlett Pear Bowl that I dryed in the Kiln last month, finally got around to turning it. It is 8 1/2 inches in diameter and 3 3/4 inches high -- finished with BLO and Beale buffed.

what ya think????

John Keeton
04-12-2010, 6:44 PM
I like it!! The color is very nice, and the texturing really adds something to this piece. Very nice treatment on the bottom, as well.

What tool did you use to do the texture, Bill?

Bernie Weishapl
04-12-2010, 8:05 PM
Very nice piece Bill. I really like the wood color and bottom treatment.

Scott Lux
04-12-2010, 8:06 PM
Love the shape, love the wood. Texturing is well done and well place, but not my preference. Don't get me wrong, I'd happily put that in my house. So if you hate it, I'll make room for it :D

Roland Martin
04-12-2010, 9:14 PM
Very nice piece Bill. The texturing adds a lot to the warm color of the Pear. I really like the bottom detail!

Bill Bulloch
04-12-2010, 10:18 PM
I like it!! The color is very nice, and the texturing really adds something to this piece. Very nice treatment on the bottom, as well.

What tool did you use to do the texture, Bill?

Thanks John. I used a Wagner Texturing Tool: http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/store/Turning_Tools___Special_Purpose_Tools___Wagner_Tex turing_Tool___wagner_texturing?Args

David E Keller
04-12-2010, 10:24 PM
Nice job... The texturing adds a nice, subtle detail. Pear is a lovely wood to turn and great for detail work.

Donny Lawson
04-13-2010, 6:44 AM
I love the texturing of this piece. Nice design.
Donny

Steve Schlumpf
04-13-2010, 7:31 AM
Bill - congrats on successfully being able to use your kiln!

I'm not sure about the form - but that is just me. I do like the wood and am happy to see that there are no checks in it from drying! Pretty cool pattern you get with your texturing tool!

Looking forward to seeing your next turning!

Baxter Smith
04-13-2010, 8:44 AM
The first picture made me think of a coiled up snake. That design would probably not go over well with the wife.:eek:;)