PDA

View Full Version : Chair factory...day2......

Terry Hatfield
04-12-2010, 5:57 PM
Didn't get as much time today as I had hoped for but had most of the afternoon in the shop. Got the bulk of the pieces peices cut and all of the mortises made. I figured out some different spacers for the back leg mortises so there are only a couple different setups now which really helped. Got a start on the tenons but still a ways to go on those. The upper and lower back rails are curved and the patterns in the magazine plan are wrong which didn't help me. Spent quite a bit of time just verifying that was the case before forging onward with making my own patterns for the curves. Anyhow, here is the afternoon's progress....

http://terryhatfield.com/album/4/93701751.jpg

No more time this week until hopefully Saturday so I'll pick up with the progress photos then. Hope veryone has a great week!!!

Terry

Cody Colston
04-12-2010, 6:50 PM
Terry, you're gonna be a chair building machine by the time you finish all 10 of them. Thanks for the update pics and looking forward to seeing some more this weekend.

Bill Huber
04-12-2010, 7:03 PM
You mean your not done yet ?:D:D

So with this little set back you should be done but, what Tuesday afternoon....

Looking good.

Terry Hatfield
04-12-2010, 8:14 PM
Terry, you're gonna be a chair building machine by the time you finish all 10 of them. Thanks for the update pics and looking forward to seeing some more this weekend.

LOL...well....maybe. So far it's been fun. Hopefully this weekend I can get the rest of the pieces all milled and do the dry fit. Assuming it actually fits, the big run of parts should go pretty quickly. I've spent as much time changing setup as anything. Once I can do every piece for each setup, it should move along. Maybe I'll live long enough to finish.;)

t

Terry Hatfield
04-12-2010, 8:15 PM
You mean your not done yet ?:D:D

So with this little set back you should be done but, what Tuesday afternoon....

Looking good.

I know, Bill. I'm a slacker. :D I'll be done on some Tuesday afternoon just not this one.

Cody Colston
04-12-2010, 8:48 PM
BTW, Terry. I got my Lee Valley hollow mortise chisel set today. Thanks for helping me spend some money. :D