PDA

View Full Version : Exterior Clearcoat Aerosol??

Kent A Bathurst
04-11-2010, 7:15 PM
We just received as a gift a birdhouse assembled (with help) by a neighbor girl that is "just over 5 and one-half" :D, and painted by her with no help. She selected the bush's branch on which it was hung.

I didn't feel like this waranted posting in Gen or Fin forums, even though it is certainly "the most beautiful birdhouse anyone has ever given me!!!" ;)

I'm guessing she used acrylic - if not, then water colors. If that is important, I can find out.

Anything I can use that would be suitable for exterior, and would stay clear - at least, as clear as is technically feasible? Outdoors, but no direct sun. Atlanta humidity & general weather. Something in a rattle can would be perfect. I don't know if Zinnser's clear spray shellac would do much in an exterior application? Maybe some kinda water-based product? I have zero experience in this finishing arena. If I could maintain it through autumn, and then "bring it inside for the winter", I'd suspect that the attention span would have moved waaaay on down the road by next spring.

Thanks
Kent