PDA

View Full Version : Masters in 3D

John Lohmann
04-11-2010, 5:05 PM
Has anybody seen this in 3D? Do you like it?

Tim Morton
04-11-2010, 9:18 PM
It was kind of boring in 2d....so hopefully 3d made it more exciting :p

Mitchell Andrus
04-12-2010, 8:53 AM
It was kind of boring in 2d....so hopefully 3d made it more exciting :p

Tim..... We're talking about GOLF here. Putting a goalie in front of the hole couldn't make it exciting enough to get me to watch.

Now, if the players had to dribble the ball down the fairway.... THAT might be kinda fun to watch.

Mike Cruz
04-12-2010, 10:44 AM
Honestly, I don't know if it would make it any more "exciting", but it would add a new perspective to the game...

Being a golfer, I can watch golf on TV because I can appreciated it. If you aren't a golfer, you don't really understand what they are accomplishing. Much like hockey...I've never played it and I find it REALLY boring to watch. I suppose if they allowed body checking and fights in golf, more would tune in. ;) :eek: :rolleyes:

Tim Morton
04-13-2010, 10:23 AM
Honestly, I don't know if it would make it any more "exciting", but it would add a new perspective to the game...

Being a golfer, I can watch golf on TV because I can appreciated it. If you aren't a golfer, you don't really understand what they are accomplishing. Much like hockey...I've never played it and I find it REALLY boring to watch. I suppose if they allowed body checking and fights in golf, more would tune in. ;) :eek: :rolleyes:
I am a golfer, and i can enjoy golf on TV...i was one of many who took the entire day last year to watch tigers playoff online.

I was just saying this particular Masters didn't do it for me....:cool:

I would however like to see it in 3d if it made it feel more like "being there".

Dan Lee
04-13-2010, 10:26 AM
Don't know about 3D but this was the first time seeing Augusta in HD WOW

Neal Clayton
04-13-2010, 10:43 AM
Don't know about 3D but this was the first time seeing Augusta in HD WOW

now you see why people who get HDTVs suddenly become discovery channel watchers ;).

Paul Atkins
04-13-2010, 12:10 PM
Now when we get This Old House or New Yank Workshop in 3D there will never be a reason to go outside and work.

Bill Cunningham
04-13-2010, 9:11 PM
3D TV!!! Don't know why anyone would anyone buy one now.. A few years down the road, we'll all be laughing about the crude 3D TV systems that people paid 3k for in 2010, and still had to pay $200+ each for extra pairs of glasses to watch it!.. Remember 8 tracks, Beta, heck! I can even remember paying $350.00 for a CD drive for my 486.. Now, I wait. I'm waiting for the laser driven holographic TV, and HD Movies on chips, not blueray with it's limited technical life expectancy. My TV Harddrive holds 60+ hours of HD TV with 500gig. and high capacity SD chips are dropping in price every day. I can remember paying $25.00 for blank Video tape I can now buy for $1.50, if I still wanted to buy vid-tapes.. Nope, I'll wait for the 'more money than brains' folks to buy up the 3d tv's and power the revolution that I can afford.. Besides, I don't like golf.. Dates back to a bad experience with a ball washer as a teenager :D

Neal Clayton
04-14-2010, 1:17 AM
i agree. 3d is distracting, and hopefully (another) short lived gimmick. good way to leave the theater with a headache, that's about it.