PDA

View Full Version : small gloat

Shannon Seelig
04-11-2010, 2:49 PM
Hello everyone,

I went to the season flea market opener today near my home. I was digging through a small box of "garbage" and I found a small combination square with a center head in its own box. I picked it up to have a closer look and I noticed that it was a starrett 4 inch combo. I asked how much the guy had to have it for and he said 20.00. I asked if he would take 15.00 and he said, "You bet, I'm just happy to get rid of it." Got it home, checked with with my 6 inch starrett and the little thing is dead on! Not bad for 15.00! :) I LOVE THE FLEA MARKET!

Chip Lindley
04-11-2010, 2:58 PM
Good Find Shannon! Go price a new little Starrett like that. You made out like a Bandit!! I just love flea markets!

Neil Brooks
04-11-2010, 3:09 PM
[sorry if I got it wrong. Rather gender-neutral name]

HE SHOOTS.

HE SCORES!!!!!

Shannon Seelig
04-11-2010, 3:17 PM
Shannon is known as a girl's name, but in my case, it is a guys name! ;) I get it all of the time. Sometimes my bank wont let me cash my own checks because they think Shannon is my wife. Boy do they feel bad when they find out it is really me. :D

Neil Brooks
04-11-2010, 3:26 PM
Ah. I got it right !!

Phew :)

I LOVE my Starrett combo square. I'd LOVE to find a few more, the way you found yours.

For that matter, I'd love to find nearly ANY Starrett product, at a discount.

They seem like one of those rare remaining cases where you really DO get what you pay for.