PDA

View Full Version : Wood Gloat....

Fred Perreault
04-10-2010, 1:10 PM
It has been very nice and warm up on Cape Cod for the past week or so. Very unseasonably warm. And the next week or more are supposed to remain warm. Things are poppin'. My contractor friends have been in and out of my yard, dropping off logs as if they thought that there were 3-4 turners in the shop. I have a stockpile now of lots of cediper, red maple, cherry, black locust, apple, ash, and white oak logs. And that is just what is outside. i have lotsa "stuff" indoors, as well. I also have a piece of laminated white oak, which was the center board of a 1920's-1930's competitive sailing sloop. It is 5"x6'x4' and probably kinda' tough.
I don't think that I am going to be able to cut up and seal all of this stuff, as they only sell Anchorseal in 5 gallon pails. But I will try to salvage and seal what appears to have the best potential. Life is good.....

George Guadiane
04-10-2010, 1:42 PM
GREAT Gloat!!!

bob svoboda
04-10-2010, 1:43 PM
WOW///great gloat!! Now get to work :D

Steve Schlumpf
04-10-2010, 3:00 PM
Excellent gloat! Looks like you are set for at least a couple of weeks! Have fun!

John Keeton
04-10-2010, 3:45 PM
Fred, is that a big ol' burl on the side of one of those logs!!!;) What I think you are going to need is a fellow creeker to spend a couple of weeks up there on the Cape with you to help get all that cut up. What about I load up the truck with chainsaw, wife, and a few changes of underwear and head your way?!!?!?

alex carey
04-10-2010, 4:10 PM
wow, you have quite the deal there, they drop the wood off right at your door and its yours for the taking. That's pretty sweet.

Fred Perreault
04-10-2010, 4:35 PM
Johnny K.....
That is the thing we all should do once in a while. It seems that we all live in a destination area. So, John, let me know when ya'll can come to the Cape, bring one and all, and a pickup truck, and visit the area. We have all kinds of sleeping room, now that the kids have gone (...not far enough, though :) ). And of course, then the LOML and I will get down your way. That way, maybe we can start a trend. BTW.... ues, it is a big red oak burl on the wood pile, and I do have extra underwear if you need it.

David E Keller
04-10-2010, 7:50 PM
Great gloat... Nice variety.

John Keeton
04-10-2010, 8:41 PM
Fred, you just don't know how tempting that sounds!! And, you are welcome here anytime - lots of room, and all the kids have long since left!!