PDA

View Full Version : Logo Jet... Anyone using one?

AL Ursich
04-09-2010, 11:39 PM
I stumbled upon the Logo Jet Printer that can use a solvent based ink or oil base ink. It would be the answer to some of my printing needs I believe?

Anyone using one or seen one at a trade show.

I did a search but only came up with LOGO Posts and Jet Posts... Nothing in a quick look...

I saw some posts about someone at a trade show mentioning a direct to substrate using a ink jet that was just a converted printer.... In his opinion, not ready for prime time.

The Solvent Based and Oil Based caught my eye.... They are doing Golf Balls.... How many Girls did Tiger Have on the Side....? Baker's Dozen?....

I like the FLAT 8.5 x 12 inch printing area on the one model.

Just kidding.... Did see on TV News someone had pictures of all the Girls on a Box Set of Golf Balls..... Thought that was funny...

Not planning to do Golf Balls... But Tags....

AL

AL Ursich
04-10-2010, 1:50 AM
Anyone who uses a Epson type Ink Jet Printer could really learn some great stuff by looking at videos on you tube by "Logojet" Lots of how to unplug and maintain a ink jet....

And any of us doing Sublimation would learn a great tip from "Heyphotoguy" where after he does a cleaning places a plastic bag inside the printer and places a DAMP SPONGE inside the machine and closes the cover to maintain Humidity and help prevent a dried head.... I am going to try that....

AL:eek:

Rodne Gold
04-10-2010, 4:33 AM
My advice is to keep away from these machines , I had a Busjet that was a VERY expensive mistake.
Endless hassles with the heads (normal printer heads cant take the right solvent inks to print on "anything" and the light solvent inks used will NOT print on "anything" ) most stuff you print on has to be coated with an ink receptive layer. The printing wasnt terribly durable either - I thought I would make a killing printing 4 colour on promo items.
When it worked , it was good - but at the end of it all , I swapped it for a load of wooden plaques which actually DID make me money.

Marko Milosavljevic
04-10-2010, 6:53 AM
Just stay away from those machines. I bought one called Azon Micro 2000, actually it is Epson 1290, it was, and still is - because I'll never be able to sell it, the most expensive mistake I have ever made. They say it can print on anything, actually, it can't print on anything with reasonable quality. And the downtime is too long, head clogging, cleaning, changing dumpers, changing print head. Writing this just brings me back bad memories.
Simple - stay away.

AL Ursich
04-10-2010, 2:09 PM
Looks like great advice.... That is why I asked.

It would be nice if it was the magic bullet with my printing needs...

Was looking for a way to print on Glow in the Dark hard plastic.

Looks like it is back to plan 1.. Sublimate on Clear mates.

The best thing about this adventure is watching the videos on some serious head cleaning and all the hardware pictures and procedures.

Thanks,

AL

James Terry
04-10-2010, 2:09 PM
How about cleaning it out and then using edible inks to print onto cakes? Sell it as second hand to a cake shop.

Advertise people to bring their cakes by and drop them into the machine for a print job.

Can this machine compete with screen printing? Maybe for one-offs at a mall kiosk?

How about temporary tattoos at the mall? Kids would love that. Adults could try on a tattoo before they actually get it engraved.

Can you make stickers with this? Instant customized stickers on the go.

There must be some creative use for a not so permanent ink system.

Hook this up with a computerized cutter and you can print and cut stickers to be faceplate covers for cell phones and such devices.

Gary Hair
04-10-2010, 5:48 PM
In other words, do you want a glass of lemonade with that lemon? Nice way to look at the bright side Terry!

How about cleaning it out and then using edible inks to print onto cakes? Sell it as second hand to a cake shop.

Advertise people to bring their cakes by and drop them into the machine for a print job.

Can this machine compete with screen printing? Maybe for one-offs at a mall kiosk?

How about temporary tattoos at the mall? Kids would love that. Adults could try on a tattoo before they actually get it engraved.

Can you make stickers with this? Instant customized stickers on the go.

There must be some creative use for a not so permanent ink system.

Hook this up with a computerized cutter and you can print and cut stickers to be faceplate covers for cell phones and such devices.

Rodne Gold
04-11-2010, 12:37 AM
At the price of this machine , you can buy a reliable medium/largeish format digital print and cut machine like one of the smaller Rolands and have a REAL revenue earner as well as something that will open up new markets.
One of the issues with printing on anything is that anything is not always white and its backgound shows thru the "white space" as well as the ink.