PDA

View Full Version : sanding flee report

Lloyd Brown
11-12-2004, 1:22 PM
A while ago someone on here was wondering about this machine. I bought it at the woodshow and now I have used it for awhile. I like it. It is well made. You can sand scroll work with a router pad backing it up. I was worried about that claim, but I just did that with a very delecate pic I made, Zero breakage. That is why I bought it! Now does it replace a drum sander, I would have to say no. If the wood cuped, yes it will flatten it , but if it is tapered, no, it will only sand the taper not remove it. In my shop it is a well comed tool. I know the price is high, but remember mine includes 4 rolls of paper and the motor is a baldor. Price them sometime. That was the defence when the wife saw the price, (and duck &weave) :D
can a drum sander sand delecate scroll work? I do not know. It seems the feeders would break them.

Dana Van Pelt
11-12-2004, 7:38 PM
I have three sand flees here at the school. When I first purchased them, I wondered if we would ever use them. To my delight we have used them on several projects. We use the sanding units in fitting chair slats in the rocking chair classes. We use the sander in making shaker boxes. I used the unit today sanding corbals for a maple gourmet prep table. We are finding more and more uses for this handy piece of equipment. I highly recomend the sanding flee.

Mike from American Sycamore