PDA

View Full Version : DeWalt 788 Price -- Good???

Bill Arnold
11-12-2004, 10:48 AM
I'm in the market for a scroll saw and have been looking around a bit. I kinda wanted to stay under $200 since I don't think I'll use it a lot -- just accent pieces, etc. But, I was just checking at Amazon and with their deal now, the 788 would be $364 ($389-$25 w/free shipping). Is that about as good as it gets or should I keep looking?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jim Becker
11-12-2004, 11:19 AM
The Dewalt 788 is a very well-spoken about product and often refered to as both a value and performance leader for anything short of an expensive "pro" scrollsaw. It is the machine I'd likely buy if I ever got the desire or need for such a machine.

BTW...nice signature! :D

Bill Arnold
11-12-2004, 11:26 AM
Thanks for the input, Jim.

Hmm...guess I'd better find a new quote for my signature. I've used this one on other Forums, but will gladly defer to you since I'm the newbie. ;)

Jim Becker
11-12-2004, 11:29 AM
Hmm...guess I'd better find a new quote for my signature. I've used this one on other Forums, but will gladly defer to you since I'm the newbie.
No, keep it...it's a very important concept and the more it's out there, the better.

Rich Konopka
11-12-2004, 12:36 PM
Hi Bill, I have the Dewalt 788 and it is a real nice saw. I picked it up with the stand and light for $399 from ToolsPlus. The Amazon deal is not that bad.

I was checking out you website and I noticed you live in Lakewood Ranch. My sister use to live off of River Club Blvd. It is a real nice area !!

Welcome to the Creek

Bill Arnold
11-12-2004, 12:42 PM
Hi Bill, I have the Dewalt 788 and it is a real nice saw. I picked it up with the stand and light for $399 from ToolsPlus. The Amazon deal is not that bad.

I was checking out you website and I noticed you live in Lakewood Ranch. My sister use to live off of River Clun Blvd. It is a real nice area !!

Welcome to the Creek
Rich,

Thank you for your input. I've heard a lot of good things about the 788 and at least its close to my budget.

We've enjoyed living in this area, but I'd like to have more space for my shop. I do OK in our garage, but bigger would be better.

By the way -- very flattering photo of you! :D

Regards,