PDA

View Full Version : Couple of Cobs

Tom Mullane
11-12-2004, 10:36 AM
Here are a couple of corn cob Cigar pens I turned to replace those sold last week.... these are from cobs that have been laying in my FIL's old chicken coop for about 30 yrs... bone dry and real pretty... a lot nicer when finished than new cobs... but a real PITA to work with because of the hardness and silica embedded in the cobs...
Hardware is Black Chrome, Satin Gold and Shiny Gold...

Ted Shrader
11-12-2004, 11:52 AM
Tom -

Very nice. Looks like you have a gold mine in that chicken coop.

Ted

Michael Stafford
11-12-2004, 11:55 AM
Tom, those continue to impress me. I would love to see you turn one and try it myself. Mighty fine work!

Tom Mullane
11-12-2004, 11:57 AM
You ever get up to MD, you are more than welcome to come to the shop (also known as the unheated garage) to turn a cob pen with me...
Of course I could always be coerced by a Woodturning Club willing to pay my way someplace warm and cozy during the winter to display my corn cob techniques... LOL....

Steve Clardy
11-12-2004, 1:29 PM
Qiute different and so nice looking. Fantastic!!

Michael Stafford
11-12-2004, 2:01 PM
Tom, my son and his wife are in Odenton. How far is that from you? Last weekend they went to the "Punkin Chunkin" somewhere nearby, don't remember where exactly but they said it was great fun day till a few punkins went the wrong way. No one was hurt but they said they had enough after 5-6 hours of watching punkins fly several thousand feet...

Tom Mullane
11-12-2004, 2:24 PM
According to MapQuest they are just below Baltimore that puts them about 80 miles east of me... I am just off Rt81 in Hagerstown, MD..