PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Deal With Curlywoods.com?

James Farrow
11-12-2004, 9:30 AM
Hi!

Was wondering if anyone here has dealt with Curly Woods in Texas?

I sent an e-mail inquiring about shipping costs for a bunch of stuff but
they have not replied.

The first e-mail was sent Nov.6th, then I called on Nov.10th and spoke to a guy called Frank who said to re-send the e-mail to the attention of Mike. I sent the second e-mail Nov.10th. Still no reply.

This is not a complaint, just wondering if it is normal for them to take this amount of time to respond?

I am hoping I don't have to call again as long distance charges aren't cheap.
(and would rather spend the money on tools, etc... than give it to the telephone company - LOL!)

Thanks,

James :)

Steve Roxberg
11-12-2004, 9:39 AM
I've bought from them several times, and have actually even visited the locatoin once while in Dallas for a soccer tournament.

I can't tell you why they are slow with e-mail. But I can tell you that you will love the product and wood you receive. Nothing but the best, it's worth the call, and ask them to call you back if they don't have an 800 number.

Glenn Clabo
11-12-2004, 9:44 AM
Mike is a member here...check out his member page. He is usually very quick to respond...maybe on vacation. Never heard one complaint about his product!
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/member.php?u=189

Mike Mastin
11-12-2004, 9:52 AM
We have been busy with a remodeling project here at Curly Woods this past week. I have not had a great deal of time to check mail of late and for this I apologize. If not for a phone call from Steve Jenkins this morning, I would not have been aware of my oversight.

It is always best to call us on the toll-free phone to get immediate service. We are always available via our toll-free phone and if we are not open for business or on the phone when you call, please leave us a message. We will return your calls ASAP. We have a small staff and many times the volume of emails are overwhelming to say the least. I always try to stay abreast of emails, but again the toll-free phone is the best method to place orders or get questions answered promptly.

I know in this modern age people don't want to talk to people if they do not have too, but we honestly prefer to speak to our customers to ask questions and to ensure that we know exactly what it is that you are wanting in detail. Mail order wood sales are not easy, as we strive to provide exactly what a customer wants, but we want to make sure that we have as much information as possible to avoid surprises and dissapointment. We do not pull woods to ship without inspection and thought. We take time and efforts to provide as closely as we can what is requested by each customer.

Again my sincerest apologies for not responding. I never want anyone to feel neglected or to made to feel that they are not important to us no matter how big or mall an order is. One board or a truckload, you are important to us!
:)

James Farrow
11-12-2004, 10:01 AM
Thanks!

No need to appologize. Like I said, I wasn't complaining. Was just inquiring. For some places it is normal to take time to respond. Especially if they get a lot of e-mail like you say. I was inquiring about shipping costs which I figured was easier by e-mail as I listed a few things that I wanted to order. I gather it would have to be weighed, costed, and then your company would get back to me.

And I also inquired about some other things that are not shown on your web site as to wether or not you could obtain them for me.

Since it was a bit detailed I sent the e-mail. And I didn't want to impose long distance charges on you either.

Anyway, I can call if you think that would be better.

Thanks again,

Mike Mastin
11-12-2004, 10:11 AM
Our toll-free phone is always available for our customers. :)

Lee Schierer
11-12-2004, 12:36 PM
At the recent Dallas BBQ LOML (I didn't win anything, so this is not a stealth gloat) was the winner of several really nice aromatic cedar boards donated by Curly Woods. Since we were from out of town, we were unsure what to do with her prize. She really liked the wood. Mike Mastin and Curly woods agreed to take the boards they had furnished as a door prize back to the shop and ship them for me. I paid the shipping and the boards arrived just a few days after I got home in perfect condition. Cost of shipping five 1 X 6 by 8' boards from Dallas to Erie was about $35.00

Thanks guys for great service and a great door prize.

Kevin Arceneaux
11-12-2004, 12:42 PM
Another bookmark! :) I need to get in there and organize them again.

Seeing the folks from the companies come and post here is great. It tells me who I will want to deal with in the future.

Chad Young
11-12-2004, 3:19 PM
Can't say enough about Mike and his company and the quality of not only the wood but the staff. I have been to his store several times and they have spent way more time with me than I would have expected showing me around and answering my questions.

James Farrow
11-12-2004, 3:39 PM
Thanks Everyone!

Called and spoke to Frank. Made an order. Should have it next week.

Great Stuff!

Dennis Peacock
11-12-2004, 4:57 PM
Mike Mastin and Curleywoods is a great place. I am so glad to have met Mike in person at the Dallas BBQ and even stopped in the business and looked and drooled all over his warehouse floor!!!! Spent a little money while there and wish I had brought more wood home with me.!!! :D

thomas prevost
11-12-2004, 5:52 PM
nothing against Curley Harwoods as I have many good things about them on other forums , But I wish for the life of me I could remember the name of a Hardwood place I visited a few years ago just north of you. It was part of an old warehouse just full of figured woods. exotics, and veneers. Priced right too. might start asking around to see if someone can come up with the name. If you can find it, you can ssort the wood you want and not have to pay for shipping. Also Penn hardwoods, Olean NY a few hours south of you specializes in figured woods. Have heard nothing but praise for them. Shipping might be a whole lot cheaper. Just my 1 and 1/2 cents.