PDA

View Full Version : USB Supplier Question

Liesl Dexheimer
04-08-2010, 11:03 AM
Does anyone know of a place that sells USB flash drives for engraving. I was looking into wood. I just did some walnut ones through one of our customers who is a promotional products seller but he couldn't really say where he got them because a friend did him a favor. The problem I'm having is finding a supplier that is willing to sell them in small qtys (approx 25-50).

James Terry
04-08-2010, 12:17 PM
I have found all sorts of neat items on Ebay and then messaged the seller and asked about a quantity deal and about similar items for sourcing. These people are tied into drop-ship distributors and can look around for what you are seeking. They will always give you a better price and shipping as they are excited to ship quantity. I'll bet that most stuff is shipped direct from China though so be prepared for 20 days in the mail.

Here are some webglider.com/link items. I saw bamboo, cork and walnut which looked interesting.

Liesl Dexheimer
04-08-2010, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the response, I actually had thought of checking out ebay as a possibility. I also came across:

http://www.promotional-usb.com/products_show.asp?id=2052&classid=2&nclassid=89&xclassid=0

http://www.printusb.com/canyon-usb-drive.aspx

but both places have a min qty of 100. :(

Only thing I'm concerned about on ebay is the quality but it's still a good option for smaller qtys.

Dee Gallo
04-08-2010, 10:11 PM
You might want to consider anodized aluminum flash drives. There are quite a few sellers if you google the topic. I cannot find the seller I got mine from a year ago, but they are sharp looking and a nice alternative to commonplace plastic.

cheers, dee

Roy Nicholson
04-09-2010, 4:52 AM
I engraved five 8 gig drives when they first came out... three of them later developed problems... the first one was replaced without any argument but they refused to change the next two that failed within six months of purchase...

The manufacturer claimed that they couldn't pass them on once they were engraved... I countered with the argument that they shouldn't have failed in the first place and what they did with the failed units really wasn;t my concern... six months later they came to the party and did replace them.

It was their product that had failed... I argued that the engraving had not damaged them.

Just to let you know of the problem that I had.

Now I'm up to a 32 Gig drive,,, It's rubberised and no room for engraving.

Regards

Roy N.