PDA

View Full Version : Cutting Rowmark Squares with rounded corners

Ian Wilson (AUST)
04-08-2010, 12:53 AM
Dear Creekers,

I have just received an order for about 500 30mm x 100mm (approx 1 inch x 3 Inch) signs. Material used Rowmark.

The signs are square with rounded corners and I would like to line them up so the sides overlap exactly so when I go to cut one pass will equal two sides being cut ( reducing time and material). At the moment I can only get Corel and my Epilog to cut 4 sides per sign each time ie double cutting the sides and making them extra "sticky".;)

Will the weld tool fix this??

Kind regards,

Ian

James Stokes
04-08-2010, 2:19 AM
What I do on something like that is, My sign is 3 inches wide. I make the first one, Then use the step and repete tool. I set the repete for 2.99. That will line up the right edge of my first sign with the left edge of my second. I then use the line segment delete tool and delete the over lapping line. That way you only get 1 cut between the signs. After making the first row across I group them and do the step and repete down and again use the line segment delete tool on the over lapping edges.

Ian Wilson (AUST)
04-08-2010, 2:41 AM
So far so good /........I set the distance between the two squares to zero and this overlapped perfectly!!!! PLs excuse my ignorance but where is the Line segment delete tool?

thanks again!!

Ian.:D

Rodne Gold
04-08-2010, 3:19 AM
Try using "virtual segment delete" tool.

Ian Wilson (AUST)
04-08-2010, 7:26 AM
It is working a treat and has saved me time and materials plus I am just that little bit better with Corel.

Much appreciated and thanks again!!

Regards,

Ian