PDA

View Full Version : Standard Lamp Stand............

James Farley
11-12-2004, 7:13 AM
Hello every one i am from australia and would like to ask if any one here has a nice design for a standard lamp as i have some really nice Tasmanian blackwood i have been drying and it is about ready for the big project to transform it into the light of my lounge room.I am also building an australian miners couch (used by the copper and gold miners in the 1800s)form old growth blackwood that has been on the ground for over 30 years which we salvaged from the forest and is a nice chocolate brown colour.I live in Tasmania where the Houn Pine is found exclusively to this island only,we have such beautiful timber here and that is why i moved here to be amongst all the beauty and serenity of the old growht rain forest and of course the timber as well :D

thanks James :)

Jim Becker
11-12-2004, 8:45 AM
James, do an "advanced search" here at SMC for threads by Mark Singer. Some time ago, he show pictures of a wonderful floor lamp...which I have personally fondled in his home while visiting. What's nice about the lamp is that it really celebrates the wood.

James Farley
11-12-2004, 7:09 PM
Thanks jim i found it and it looks great but i was thinking more of turning a lamp stand first to get some experience in uniformity and balanced lines in the stand.......keep up the good work guys and gals i am impressed in what i see here on the forum.........

Cheer Jim