PDA

View Full Version : Parking Signs

Steve Clarkson
04-07-2010, 2:07 PM
Someone asked me to make them a parking sign (ie. "Reserved for Joe Smith").....do you think that 1/8" Rowmark would be better than a painted sheet metal (or aluminum) sign for durability?

Scott Shepherd
04-07-2010, 2:19 PM
Nope, the painted metal blank is a much better option. Not to mention, you can have one made for about $25-30, complete.

Bryan Cowan
04-07-2010, 2:28 PM
I'd find an anodized aluminum blank and laser whats needed for a nice white finish.

Steve Clarkson
04-07-2010, 6:58 PM
OK....thanks!

Paul Brinkmeyer
04-07-2010, 7:38 PM
I have some parking signs that have been out in the AZ sun, facing south and still look good after 3+ years, I used blue textured Rowmark.

I actually made them the first week I had my laser and didn't know any better.

Joe Pelonio
04-07-2010, 8:30 PM
Depends on the setting, a secure parking garage, an open lot with lots of kids hanging around, or in between. I have done thousands and 98% were aluminum with vinyl lettering or screen printed, the rest 3mm or 6mm PVC, have never used Rowmark for them.

Ramon Carrizosa
04-07-2010, 9:19 PM
We make the custom parking signs out of printed vinyl, laminated and mounted onto aluminum sheets. Customer like the "high end" look they get.

Mike Christen
04-07-2010, 11:36 PM
Funny this post today, I just got a Roland printer/cutter last week and got a very large order today for all types of different signs. I'm planing on using the vinyl print on aluminum .050 with laminate. Steve also thinking maybe mask/laser/paint white aluminum sign blanks, I pick them up at the local sign supply house precut to many sizes and inexpensive.

Mike Null
04-08-2010, 5:35 AM
Mike

What model Roland did you get?

Mike Christen
04-08-2010, 8:50 AM
Hi Mike

I bought a used Roland SP300 in excellent condition with laminator. I got a good deal and since I get many requests for this type of work I decided to get it. I have been out sourcing up till now and looked at the cost of doing it in-house compared to out sourcing and found the cost of the used printer more than justified it. The sign order I just got pays half the cost of the printer already. Also sorry about my previous post offer, didn't know it was a problem.

Mike Null
04-08-2010, 9:49 PM
It's one of those things I just "know" I could make money with but I'm not even making good use of my vinyl cutter.