PDA

View Full Version : Here is what I got done today

Bart Leetch
11-12-2004, 12:21 AM
The face frame was glued to the torsion box & all the dividing panels were biscuited & glued in place & the end panels were glued & fastened in place & the back was glued & fastened in place.
Tomorrow its drawer making day & to make the pieces to shim out for the glides & make the doors if I get that far.

Tyler Howell
11-12-2004, 6:44 AM
Your coming right along there Bart. Looking good!

Michael Stafford
11-12-2004, 6:53 AM
Excellent progress, Bart. Nice neat looking work. Go ahead and start on a second one for me...

Steve Jenkins
11-12-2004, 7:59 AM
Looks like it's coming along nicely Bart.That oughta free up some space once you get it done and loaded. What are you going to do with the metal tool boxes after you empty them? Steve

John Miliunas
11-12-2004, 8:07 AM
Great progress, Bart! I'm seriously considering getting myself a real workbench top and may "borrow" an idea or two from yours to incorporate into the base. :) Lookin' good! :cool:

Jim Becker
11-12-2004, 8:38 AM
That's really looking good, Bart. You mentioned "glides"...are you doing traditional drawers on runners or are you going to use metal drawer hardware?

Bart Leetch
11-12-2004, 11:28 AM
Jim

"That's really looking good, Bart. You mentioned "glides"...are you doing traditional drawers on runners or are you going to use metal drawer hardware?"

I have 26" full extension drawer glides, the drawer boxes will be 26" front to back & 22" wide & 2 1/4" deep on the outside & 13/4" deep on the inside.

See pic of a stack of glides.

Steve

"Looks like it's coming along nicely Bart.That oughta free up some space once you get it done and loaded. What are you going to do with the metal tool boxes after you empty them?"

The metal boxes will be stored until such time as we move into a place of out own & then the majority of the mechanics tools will move back into them & be in the garage. I hope to have a garage & shop under one roof but divided by a wall so that this tool box & the DC & compressor can go in the garage. :)

Jim Becker
11-12-2004, 11:39 AM
The full extensions will work nicely and smoothly...I will also use them at some point that I build a more formal tool cabinet. How do you plan on getting them in those center sections? The drawer spaces seem very tight for arms, or maybe the scale isn't clear from the photos.