PDA

View Full Version : Print vectors in Corel X5

Paul Owen
04-07-2010, 3:18 AM
I've had a look around the forums and found some threads with similar tales but the solutions don't seem to be working for me. I have changed the default colour managment to off as one suggested and selected using the engravers colour settings in the print tab changing from CorelDraw to Xenetech, but I still cannot get my machine to cut a vector line.
:(

I have noted that in X3 there was a print tab 'Misc' that had proofing options for Print Vector, Print Bitmap and Print Text but I cannot find the similar tab under X5.

I am printing to a Xenetech machine XLT 2436. The same job works using X3 but no vector goes though using X5. I've changed the cut line to Hairline, 0.025 (metric), and even 0.001 and other.

can any one help please?

Tony Severenuk (Corel)
04-16-2010, 9:39 AM
What color is the line? RGB or CMYK?
T.

Paul Owen
04-18-2010, 5:59 PM
Tony, We use red lines but I tested all colours including black. The workspace is CMYK usually but I would have to give it another try to make sure, and test using RGB and CMYK.

I do have a Xenetech representative working on getting the new driver updates that will probally fix it, this is new program to everyone so I can't expect instant results.... When it is resolved I'll try to post up a solution.

Gary Hair
04-18-2010, 7:56 PM
Paul,
My driver, GCC, uses RGB values only. Try a line using RGB black and CMYK black and see if either one work.

Gary

Paul Owen
04-21-2010, 2:58 AM
Thanks GrayHair and Tony. I have done cuts with both cmyk and rgb but I have a new driver update loaded that might have fixed the issue. I'll have to give it a good work over to make sure the problem has been solved.