PDA

View Full Version : 2 hours of my life totally wasted

Jeff Monson
04-06-2010, 1:56 PM
So I responded to a craigslist ad yesterday, "approx. 300 bf of walnut for sale $500.00" I phone the guy and he told me there were about 20 boards that were 1" thick and 8' long and were all between 10 and 12" wide. He also told me he had alot that was thicker and it was all very old growth walnut. I thought it sounded ok, so I thought I'd go have a look today.

Well I call him on my way and the "at least 20 boards turned into about 10" and the "300bf turned into 200bf". Well I thought I'd still like to take a peek so I agreed to meet him in an hour. Well I arrive at the time we agreed on and he called and said he would be there in about 15 minutes....no problem I'll wait....15 minutes goes by and he calls again....I'm 10 minutes away......I wait another 25 minutes and thats it. I head back for home 60 miles. About 1/2 way back home he calls again....I dont answer and have no intention of answering this time.

What is up with some people???? I dont get it, I waste 2 hours of my day and 1/4 tank of fuel to be lied to. I could just never do that to someone.

Sorry just had to vent a little.

Paul Atkins
04-06-2010, 2:20 PM
Call him up and have him deliver it - to an empty lot 3 hours away in the other direction.

glenn bradley
04-06-2010, 3:38 PM
He was waiting for the guy who really owned the wood to leave the area.