PDA

View Full Version : Norm's Router Table????????

Benton Wetzel
04-06-2010, 12:10 AM
Can any one tell me if they have found Norm's plans and video to be much help in building his router table?
Thanks much.
Ben

dan sherman
04-06-2010, 1:29 AM
Can any one tell me if they have found Norm's plans and video to be much help in building his router table?
Thanks much.
Ben

Only for general dimensions, I changed almost all of the joinery on mine.

Robert Malone
04-06-2010, 3:24 AM
Only for general dimensions, I changed almost all of the joinery on mine.

That's how I used them too.
And didn't build his fence.

Jim Mackell
04-06-2010, 10:49 PM
Never bought the video so I can't comment on it.

The plans were OK but had several dimensional errors. Probably corrected now, that was about 10 years back. A good solid basic design.

Dick Mahany
04-06-2010, 11:26 PM
I really enjoyed watching Norm build his first table many years ago and his latest version more recently. Recorded them as they were aired. I have found the recordings to be useful for ideas and construction details. I have not used the NYW plans because I knew I would want to make many mods to suit my needs and there are so many great ideas, improvements and adaptations on the web. I built mine without plans and couldn't be happier, however I did spend a lot of time planning the details. I have a few pics here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/dmshopshots/RouterTable#

My only regret is that I didn't build one earlier !

Regards and good luck,

Joe Scarfo
04-07-2010, 9:22 AM
About 8 years ago or so.... my Norm based router table was my first attempt at building a decent looking piece. I found the plans to be invaluable.

I still have them someplace in storage too... considering making another one.

Thanks
Joe

Benton Wetzel
04-07-2010, 10:41 PM
Thanks guys for the input.
Ben