PDA

View Full Version : What I'm doing on my 4 day weekend

Bart Leetch
11-11-2004, 3:58 PM
I took today & tomorrow off to work on the cabinet for my multi tool stand which will hold my 12 CMS & Mortiser on top & my portable Planer & Spindle Sander inside the bottom plus 2 banks of drawers for mechanic tools all on top of a torsion box.

The first picture shows the face frame glued & clamped to the torsion box.

The second picture shows the red tool box that used to set next to the RAS that this whole system is going to replace.

The third gives a little idea of the tight situation in my little shop where I have to open the exterior door to get out a sheet of plywood & put a small bar clamp on the sheet just so I can pull it out. But I persevere.

Michael Stafford
11-11-2004, 4:04 PM
Looks like you are off to a good start, Bart. Will this be a mobile piece?

Marshall Harrison
11-11-2004, 4:04 PM
Sounds like a great project Bart. Make one for me too so I'll have a place to put my Shop Fox mortiser.

Jim Fancher
11-11-2004, 5:14 PM
Very nice! I hope to start a project very much like that myself. I need to organize my car toys as wells as my wood tools.
Keep us posted. I'm very interested in seeing the drawers.

Bart Leetch
11-11-2004, 8:11 PM
Looks like you are off to a good start, Bart. Will this be a mobile piece?

Well it does have nice big heavy duty casters on it that I got a a garage sale for $15. In this shop it won't move very far but in a bigger shop it will be mobile. :)

Craig Colvin
11-11-2004, 8:45 PM
Very nice.

So is the torsion box the base?

In all cabinet work I've ever done the face frame was the last thing added on. What is the benefit of doing it at this stage?

Bart Leetch
11-11-2004, 9:18 PM
Very nice.

So is the torsion box the base?

In all cabinet work I've ever done the face frame was the last thing added on. What is the benefit of doing it at this stage?

Yes the torsion box is the base. It was easier to put the face frame on the torsion box then I could line up & biscuit & glue in the dividing panels to the torsion box between the drawer sections & the door sections & put on the end panels All I have left to do now is put the back on & build the drawers & install them & the doors & top.

If I did this in reverse & fastened the dividing & end panels to the face frame & then tried to fasten it to the torsion box it would have been a 7 1/2' bowel full of snakes to handle by myself. :)