PDA

View Full Version : Rockler to carry Sawstop?

Victor Robinson
04-05-2010, 7:40 PM
Not sure if this is old news, but I was perusing Rockler's website (great way to empty the wallet) when a banner popped up announcing Sawstop is now available at Rockler. However, the banner specifically mentions the ICS while picturing the PCS. Hmmm...

Anyways, just passing it along. Just another option if you're planning on going the SS route.

http://www.rockler.com/SawStop.cfm

Ellen Benkin
04-05-2010, 8:00 PM
It's on their flyer. Woodcraft has the same thing.

Tony Cox
04-06-2010, 10:31 AM
I was in the Rockler in Indianapolis over the weekend and they had a SawStop in the store. Didn't look at it real close since I'm not in the market for one.

Michael MacDonald
04-06-2010, 11:32 AM
news to me. I looked there last fall and they didn't carry it. guy didn't have a perspective as to why. ended up buying CS version at woodcraft.

Tony Shea
04-06-2010, 11:35 AM
Yeah they were just setting a SS up at my closest Rockler in Portland, Maine last time I was in a couple weeks ago. Unfortunatly I find that Rockler prices are little above most therefore never buy power tools and especially lumber from these guys.

Dan Friedrichs
04-06-2010, 12:11 PM
Yeah they were just setting a SS up at my closest Rockler in Portland, Maine last time I was in a couple weeks ago. Unfortunatly I find that Rockler prices are little above most therefore never buy power tools and especially lumber from these guys.

Sawstop fixes their prices for all dealers - Rockler's price on the SS will be the same as everyone else's...

Greg Portland
04-06-2010, 1:17 PM
... and Rockler discount cards or Woodcraft B-day discounts do not apply to Sawstop either.

Victor Robinson
04-06-2010, 2:03 PM
Yeah - this certainly isn't going to get anyone a better price on a SS as the usual pricing restrictions will likely apply. But it may help those who have a preference for Rockler over Woodcraft or other stores, a good relationship with their local Rockler, or who are near a Rockler but not near other dealers.

I'm about to dive in on a SS, and Woodcraft is closer to me anyways. But having a second option for whatever reason is nice.

Kevin Groenke
04-06-2010, 3:08 PM
Rockler is simply responding to the market (better late than never).

Any machine retailer NOT selling SawStop is basically giving up every sale to an educational institution, many to commercial shops that have an insurance incentive and many to amateurs who recognize that accidents happen and prefer to keep their digits in the event of one.

-kg

Bill R White
03-07-2011, 3:58 PM
I'm interested in the 3hp SS. May be a dumb question, but what is the differences between PCS and ICS?

bw

Bill Huber
03-07-2011, 5:28 PM
I'm interested in the 3hp SS. May be a dumb question, but what is the differences between PCS and ICS?

bw

Take a look at this page it it shows them all.

http://www.sawstop.com/procabinet/procab_compare.php

johnny means
03-07-2011, 6:38 PM

bw

about 2k:D

Kyle Iwamoto
03-07-2011, 8:00 PM

bw

My $0.02 would be to buy the mobile base, whatever saw you buy. Unless you will put in in your shop, and never ever move it. It is a really nice MB, it's hydraulic, the saw sits back down on the floor..

Glen Blanchard
03-07-2011, 9:33 PM
I agree Kyle, it's a great mobile base, but it's designed specifically for the ICS as the PCS has an integral mobile base.

michael case
03-07-2011, 10:14 PM
I don't know what going on nationwide, but the Rockler in eastern MA is only going to carry the less expensive "professional" cabinet saw "PCS", not the heavy duty "industrial" cabinet saw "ICS". The difference in price between the PCs and the ICS is around $1000.00. Imo its money well spent.