PDA

View Full Version : Very small gloat, maybe even micro size

Scott Coffelt
11-11-2004, 1:43 PM
I just ordered a Porter Cable Micro Pinner today from Tool Crib. After price matching ToolsForLess.com, I get it for the delivered price of $130.17. Not too bad. Should arrive in a few days. The Omer looked really nice, but way out of the budget. I need the pinner for the fireplace job, so new tool for the shop. Yiipppeeee.

Charlie Plesums
11-11-2004, 4:17 PM
You will love it!

Hold it gently against the wood, or you can push a dent in the wood since the tip is so small. I have also successfully used it at an angle on the side of moldings, and haven't had to fill the pin hole at all.

Steve Clardy
11-11-2004, 5:04 PM
Nice Gloat. I think mine was $129.00, free shipping over $100.00
Ballews in Springfield

John Gregory
11-11-2004, 5:20 PM
You will love it. We love our pin nailer.

Kelly C. Hanna
11-12-2004, 8:53 AM
Congrats Scott! I love PC guns...I have two of them in the shop.

Scott Coffelt
11-15-2004, 10:48 PM
Well the Micro Pinner arrived today and I must say it is all that I hoped it would be and more. Very well puilt like all the PC guns I have. Man those pins are tiny. I tested it out tonight on a Paduak box, can barely see them little suckers. I can see this thing getting some serious work out.

BTW, I just ordered Friday. Not bad for free Amazon shipping.

Mark Singer
11-15-2004, 11:15 PM
Scott,

I have and it is great! One caution...it will fire even if it is not pressed against a surface! Be careful....if someone is helping you they should wear eye protection. Once the 2 triggers are pulled ...It fires!

Scott Coffelt
11-16-2004, 10:23 AM
Thanks Mark, I figured that one out last night by myself. :rolleyes: I like the double trigger but you do have to watch out. Luckily, I had the gun almost on the wood. It still drove it about 90% into the Paduak.

I read the Senco didn't have the safety and will fire with the single trigger, not to bash them, but that would worry me. I am used to the larger guns requiring the nose to be depressed first.

BTW Mark, I did a google on your name and saw your house. Pretty dang nice from the outside. We only get glimpes of it here from the inside. You do real good work.

Byron Trantham
11-16-2004, 10:45 AM
Scott, I sure love mine. I have found the two trigger arrangement frustrating because I always forget to engage the safety trigger first! :mad: :D