PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Red Cedar Flower Pot

Mike Minto
04-04-2010, 7:31 PM
This stands about 12" tall, and 5" wide at the top. LOML wanted something to put dry flowers in, so this is the result. Lots of times I find cedar that has defects hidden inside - often with white, spongy stuff in the holes/tunnels. I wonder if this is spider evidence - any of you guys know? Anyway, I filled the holes with epoxy and a blue shiny stuff from Michael's. Cheaper than the name brand colored fillers, but may not do as good a job - don't have anything to compare to. 3 wheel buffed with the standard stuff.

John Keeton
04-04-2010, 8:34 PM
Mike, I like the vase, and the cedar is a beautiful color. Not too sure on the colored filler, just as a matter of my personal taste. Notwithstanding my opinion on the filler, you did a very nice job on this piece.

David E Keller
04-04-2010, 8:55 PM
Nice looking piece... It should be a great display vessel.

The blue color is an interesting choice for contrast. If you have some blue in the arrangement to be displayed, it would be a nice addition.

Bernie Weishapl
04-04-2010, 9:14 PM
Really nice Mike. That will display nicely.

Steve Schlumpf
04-04-2010, 10:25 PM
Nice size vase Mike! Love the rich color of the wood! I'm not 100% on the color of the filler but that is just personal preference.

Nice work!