PDA

View Full Version : Names of Single Line Fonts in CD x5

Joe Peacock
04-03-2010, 10:57 PM
Does anyone know the names of the single line fonts in CorelDraw X5 or can someone tell me how to find them? How many are there?
Thanks,
Joe

Scott Challoner
04-03-2010, 11:09 PM
If I remember right, Tony S. said there are no single line fonts in X5.

Joe Peacock
04-04-2010, 12:10 AM
Bummer! Are single line fonts available anywhere else that I can "install" and use in X5?
Joe

Niklas Bjornestal
04-04-2010, 2:44 AM
There is a link in this thread http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=42683 to a zip-file with fonts. (was on first page on google when searching for "single line font")

AL Ursich
04-05-2010, 11:48 AM
Did I miss something in that only the fonts installed in your computer show up in all the applications you have on your computer... Corel, Word, eMail, Paint, etc.... And that just by properly loading a new font makes it available to all applications.... I use Modern Font as a one stroke font often....

AL

Tony Severenuk (Corel)
04-16-2010, 9:59 AM
The fonts in X5 are like the ones in X4, they are paths that back up on top of themselves. This is a limitation of both TTF and T1 formats as they have to be constructed of a single closed path per character...so the stroke of the font can't run out and stop it has to come back.
T.

Michael Hunter
04-16-2010, 2:55 PM
The fonts originating from Doug McIntyre and linked by Niklas below are really good.

The lines are all done twice, as Tony Severenuk suggests, but if that's a problem, then you could always reduce the power.