PDA

View Full Version : Starting my own business

Robert gree
04-03-2010, 7:10 PM
Heres the deal im starting my own business. But i have a existing business that i do not want bring into the new businesses name.

We will say my new business name will be bubba'a woodworks. and my existing business name is bubbas trim works. Is there a way to file Bubba's woodworks as a LLC and operate bubbas trim works under it?

I live in Florida ive done some searching but didnt did much up, Also it was suggested to do a DBA instead of a LLC.

I am wanting to run it as one business (so i am not paying taxes on 2 different businesses) just grouping them together into one

Scott Shepherd
04-03-2010, 7:34 PM
DBA just allows you to do business under a name that's not the same as the parent company. I'm no lawyer, nor well versed on any of that stuff, but I would think you would setup an LLC for the woodworking company and then file a DBA for the trim company linking it to the woodworking company.

Could be completely wrong on that, but I do believe there are the tools out there to do just what you want to do, all legally.

Robert gree
04-04-2010, 11:52 AM
DBA just allows you to do business under a name that's not the same as the parent company. I'm no lawyer, nor well versed on any of that stuff, but I would think you would setup an LLC for the woodworking company and then file a DBA for the trim company linking it to the woodworking company.

Could be completely wrong on that, but I do believe there are the tools out there to do just what you want to do, all legally.

thank you for the input i called a local lawyer today and i can do what i want to do

Jeff Monson
04-05-2010, 12:45 PM

That is what we do, a DBA company running under another. 1 tax return and very simple.